Unable To Connect To The Internet With Shared Connection

Hi, I just installed BitDefender Total Security 2010 and I have a little issue. The computers that are connected to my computer cannot connect to the internet, while it can see a connection, such as I can access shared files but internet access has been blocked. How do I allow the internet to be available to all shared computers? Thanks.

Comments

• Hi, I just installed BitDefender Total Security 2010 and I have a little issue. The computers that are connected to my computer cannot connect to the internet, while it can see a connection, such as I can access shared files but internet access has been blocked. How do I allow the internet to be available to all shared computers? Thanks.

Hi Thunderbolt 2864!

I'm sorry I can't help you straight away, I'm far from "my" computer with BD to check parameters to activate. I understand you have wifi (I don't, by the way).

Please give some more information on your systems: XP home Pro? Vista? Seven?

It could help Bd technicians to find out the solution.

Have a nice day!

L.

• Hi Thunderbolt 2864,

Please follow the steps below in order to disable the Firewall module and see if the issue persist:

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the Security Center.

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI (User Interface) to: Expert Mode

3. Click on OK

4. Go to 'Firewall' then uncheck the 'Firewall is enabled' box to disable the firewall module.

5. Test to see if the issue replicates.

Thank you!