Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem With Nokia Software Updater

Options

I got a problem when trying to update my nokia phone firmware through nokia software updater. Bitdefender has blocked these two program in order to access to the web. I had tried to disable the BD and nokia software updater works fine again and allow me to update my phone but the prblem is, now i am risky my computer out of virus protection. Can bitdefender team solved this problem?

When installing nokia software updater, bitdefender has prompted me the rules to allow it to connect to the web. i had clicked allow. But when updating process it did not show up in the firewall activity panel in BD? I had tried to few tests. Disable the antivirus realtime scan and firewall protection then only it allow to go through of my nokia phone updating process.

Below is my screenshots for reference:

1. all protection on

BD-Nokia.JPG

2. i have manually created a firewall rules to two components of this software.

nsl_host_process.exe and nsu_ui_client.exe

BD-Nokia-4.JPG

2. pause on protection of antivirus and firewall then only allowed this process to go through BD and successfully to update but risking my computer.

BD-Nokia-2.JPG

I hope this will give a clear explanation to BD and come out a solution. Thanks :rolleyes:

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2010
    Options

Hi Ryantee,

First of all I must say that indeed the post is self explanatory and I do believe that the issue is with the 'Active Virus Control' feature.

Please open BitDefender Security Center and make sure you have it switched to Expert Mode. Go to Antivirus tab then click on the 'Advanced Settings' button.

Put 'Active Virus Control' slider bar on Permissive and click on the small '+' to add a rule for all Nokia files used in the software update process.

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved.

Have a nice Sunday!

• ryantee
    Options
    Hi Ryantee,

First of all I must say that indeed the post is self explanatory and I do believe that the issue is with the 'Active Virus Control' feature.

Please open BitDefender Security Center and make sure you have it switched to Expert Mode. Go to Antivirus tab then click on the 'Advanced Settings' button.

Put 'Active Virus Control' slider bar on Permissive and click on the small '+' to add a rule for all Nokia files used in the software update process.

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved.

Have a nice Sunday!

Hi DanyDan,

Thanks for helping, your solution works! Either in nokia software updater or OVI suite. Both work nicely. By the way i got a question, what is the purpose of active virus control? If set to permissive that mean loosen on virus check?

Regards

Ryan

• wordpress there is a permanent link to a URL set of course use this link to support your server needs rewrite functions (that is, we often say that the pseudo-static opening), use this link to confirm use of a permanent link to the article title, then you can set up their own page name is the. So how to set a permanent link to it? Login WordPress control panel find the Options menu, select the permanent link and choose the structure of a permanent link, or your own custom one, it is best to set a static page, to facilitate the search engines. Usually set a fixed link is: /% category% /% postname%. Html this type. I also use the php program to build a few wordpress blog site, modern-sunglasses.com, new-designer-sunglasses.org, new-designer-sunglasses.net, I was so optimized, this is my point contribution.