Corrupt

This is a quote from an email I was sent by a Bitdefender Technical Support Engineer regarding why Bitdefender will not update. And I quote "...One of the causes due to which this issue occurs is the fact that the v_live_s.xml file from BitDefender becomes corrupted. The file is part of the BitDefender Update module and holds the information regarding the settings of the module. At this moment we do not know exactly how and why the file became corrupted...." I have one question. Why would Bitdefender sell a product that has a corrupt file?

Comments

• Hello

The file "v_live_s.xml" are found in the following folders

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\v_live_s.xml"

"C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Ini\Default\v_live_s.xml"

Whats the difference between these two as they both have different detail? Is it possible that copying the file from later path to former and then try to perform update will resolve this issue?

• This is a quote from an email I was sent by a Bitdefender Technical Support Engineer regarding why Bitdefender will not update. And I quote "...One of the causes due to which this issue occurs is the fact that the v_live_s.xml file from BitDefender becomes corrupted. The file is part of the BitDefender Update module and holds the information regarding the settings of the module. At this moment we do not know exactly how and why the file became corrupted...." I have one question. Why would Bitdefender sell a product that has a corrupt file?

Hi aaldana,

You can use the function repair & remove of BD (Start Program BD Repair & remove Repair...) to reinstall a clean program

If it does not work, you can fully deinstall BD and download it from this forum, then input your email and your code.

And give as much information as possible on your system.

BD technicians could help you.

Did you have a malware inside that prevents the software to install or update?

:huh:

Rules:

one and only one firewall

one and only one antivirus

one antispyware (ok, no problem)

& deinstall every extra antimalware stuff

Have a nice day

:)

L.

• Hello Aaldana,

The file v_live_s.xml does not come corrupt at the installation. It will be corrupted afterward due to several causes: another security solution installed, a possible malware infection, wrong permissions on the computer etc.

The issue described has a very easy and fast resolution. If my colleague haven't sent you the instructions on how to resolve it please let me know and I will send it myself ASAP. Simply post the Ticket ID you received and I will look it up.

Regards,