[Resolved] Backup Question

Hi there, Can anyone tell me if I can set backup to reflect the changes I make on my computer? For example if I delete photos or documents off my pc then the backup will also delete them. I just did a back (finally) and now am going to run a duplicate file finder and I know that there are mb's if not gb's of photos that have been duplicated because I was scared to lose them. Basically, have I backed up all this doubled up data and wasted space on my portable hard drive with data that is duplicated/unwanted?

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi there, Can anyone tell me if I can set backup to reflect the changes I make on my computer? For example if I delete photos or documents off my pc then the backup will also delete them. I just did a back (finally) and now am going to run a duplicate file finder and I know that there are mb's if not gb's of photos that have been duplicated because I was scared to lose them. Basically, have I backed up all this doubled up data and wasted space on my portable hard drive with data that is duplicated/unwanted? Thank you.

Hi Nui,

Please give information on your system.

XP home? Pro? vista? Seven?

I only know XP, not the latest.

With which software do you want to backup your files?

Besides, I do not use any backup system (Acronis or others) but the free version of the software Syncback which is quite good and the "backup" will not destroy orphan files unless I want it. (function of saving or synchronize) We can choose indeed to delete any orphan files, but we choose to do it.

You have software to search and delete double files (noclone - not free) if you made lots of clones instead of backup.

Good copy and... cautious cleaning!

:)

L.

• Thank you Lionet,

I will try and get some duplicate finder software and get rid of all the doubled up files.

XP Home.

Bitdefender backup (incremental backup being used) Seems really good and easy for me anyway. Have tried the restore funtion and it works perfectly (shouldn't be surprised)

Strange....I found Syncback a little confusing. Bitdefender backup wizard seemed to work for an end user like me. I guess having all the data backed up in some form is good although what I was really looking for is a mirror type backup where I delete a file off my harddrive, do a backup and it's also gone off my backup drive.

Cheers,

Hi Nui,

Please give information on your system.

XP home? Pro? vista? Seven?

I only know XP, not the latest.

With which software do you want to backup your files?

Besides, I do not use any backup system (Acronis or others) but the free version of the software Syncback which is quite good and the "backup" will not destroy orphan files unless I want it. (function of saving or synchronize) We can choose indeed to delete any orphan files, but we choose to do it.

You have software to search and delete double files (noclone - not free) if you made lots of clones instead of backup.

Good copy and... cautious cleaning!

:)

L.

• Hi Nui,

For the time being in the version 2010 having a synchronized backup is not possible. We have taken your feedback into consideration and it will be sent to the respectful department. If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Issue resolved, topic closed.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.