Bitdefender 2011beta And 2010 - Windows 7 Control Center Says Antivirus Is Not Active

As subject: i have 4 system with Bitdefender Total Security 2010 and 2011BETA installed (beta version only on my main Windows 7 64 system). From few weeks to now, after a system reboot and after a while the Windows 7 control center (as well Vista control center on the other system) has the red dot under the flag and tells the antivirus suite is not active! Can you solve this?

Thank you! :)

Comments

• More details: i was wrong about 2011beta. Control center do not say antivirus is not active but says antivirus and antispyware is not updated! Even if i click on "update now" 2011beta tells no updates are available!

• Hello Venturer,

In order to solve the Windows Security Center issue, please follow the

steps below:

1. Go to control panel and open Administrative tools.

2. Click on services.

3. Stop this service:

- Windows Management Instrumentation

4. Set it to Automatically start.

5. Remove the directory C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository

6. In the same 'Services' window search for 'Security Center' and make sure that the Startup type is set to: Automatic (Delayed Start)

7. Reboot the PC and check if the issue still occurs.

Regards,

• Hello Venturer,

In order to solve the Windows Security Center issue, please follow the

steps below:

1. Go to control panel and open Administrative tools.

2. Click on services.

3. Stop this service:

- Windows Management Instrumentation

4. Set it to Automatically start.

5. Remove the directory C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository

6. In the same 'Services' window search for 'Security Center' and make sure that the Startup type is set to: Automatic (Delayed Start)

7. Reboot the PC and check if the issue still occurs.

Regards,

First, thank you for your support Dany!

But this procedure doesn't work!

Now, with Repository directory deleted, security center doesn't recognize antivirus at all: it tells me to enable windows firewall and to find an antivirus program!

What should i try also?

• Because v2011 is in beta stage right now these situations can occur.

You can submit your query on http://beta.bitdefender.com/ and our testing team will analyze this.

Thank you !

This discussion has been closed.