Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Antipishing Toolbar Not Compatible With Latest Firefox

Options

Hi,

I just updated my Firefox to the latest version 3.6.8.

During installation I Firefox told me that the Bitdefender Antiphishing Toolbar is not compatible with this new version of Firefox. After installation the Antipishing Toolbar is deactivated and I can't re-activate it either.

Running updated version of Bitdefender Antivirus 2010.

/Geraner

Comments

• Lionet
    Options
    Hi,

During installation I Firefox told me that the Bitdefender Antiphishing Toolbar is not compatible with this new version of Firefox. After installation the Antipishing Toolbar is deactivated and I can't re-activate it either.

/Geraner

Thanks for the information, my FF is fine... ooohhh I'm still at the version 3.6.7 ! (the latest is tonight? (I got the problem a few weeks ago with a previous FF version)... so i'll wait for BD technicians's answer and updates...

They usually react quite fast...

Thanks,

:)

L.

• geraner
    Options

I attach a screenshot from Firefox Add-On view in Version 3.6.8.

post-14913-1279953497_thumb.png

• Hi,

/Geraner

Yeah, same thing's happening to me. But, I JUST updated to Mozilla Firefox 3.6.8. Don't worry. I'm sure these guys will update sooner or later. Give them some time, agreed they usually have it rounded up in a couple of days... :)

• Lionet
    Options
    I attach a screenshot from Firefox Add-On view in Version 3.6.8.

post-14913-1279953497_thumb.png

Hi Geraner,

Thanks again...

I've been asked to update to 3.6.8... and denied. I will wait for the BD patch to come. maybe monday or tuesday as Akshay Ahlawat said.

The problem seems to happen once every two or three Firefox updates...

By the way, what is the most dangerous? To have Firefox not having the latest update or the antiphishing bar not available for a couple of days?

O.K we have to update, to update, to update... :P with frenzy... entropy will follow...

I guess if we surf with caution it does not make a big difference for a few days. Let's be cautious but not paranoïd... :) and if we shut the computer down, everyone will have a day off! :)

Let's wait for the patch...

Good night to everyone!

L.

• Hello all,

Our teams are already working on this and hopefully an update to fix this should be released by tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you !

• The toolbar should be working now after yesterday's update.

If the situation persists please let us know and make sure that your BitDefender is up to date.

• Just bought and installed BDTS 2010 and installed latest updates, but still anti-phising not compatible with firefox 3.6.8.

Please help

bdts2010.jpg

• Hello chingchel,

If you go in Firefox ->Tools->Add-ons ,do you see the BitDefender toolbar listed and what does it say?

Also please provide the build version of your BitDefender (right click on your BitDefender icon and select About).

• Thanks Cristi for the prompt reply.

It says:

BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar 2.0

BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar

Not Compatible with Firefox 3.6.8

BitDefender Total Security 2010 - Build 13.0.21.347

• Thanks Cristi for the prompt reply.

It says:

BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar 2.0

BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar

Not Compatible with Firefox 3.6.8

BitDefender Total Security 2010 - Build 13.0.21.347

Solved this on my own. Thanks for the help anyways.

This discussion has been closed.