Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cisco Vpn Does Not Work With Bitdefender Internet Security 2010

Options

I installed Cisco VPN Client 64 Bit V5.0.07.0290, but cannot get it to work with Bitdefender Internet Security 2010. I have follow the instructions in this thread:

Cisco VPN Bitdefender 2009

I have attached a document with screen shots of what is happening. When I boot up the computer, the Cisco VPN adapter is disabled. When I try to enable the adapter, bdagent.exe crashes. If I try to start the VPN client without enabling the adapter, VPN won't start.

I have also tried disabling the firewall, but VPN just times out, and the adapter switches to disabled.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6492" data-fileid="6492" rel="">Ciscovpn.doc

I am using Vista 64 SP2.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• bmalin
    Options

Just a bump.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Please check the email address associated with your forum account, send me back the requested information in order to further investigate and provide you with a resolution.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Bumping this up with some new information.

I have made considerable progress.

Here is what works:

With the firewall disabled, I can start the Cisco VPN, connect to the remove network, and connect with remote desktop to my remote computer.

If I enable the firewall while connected with remote desktop, remote desktop disconnects. If I disable the firewall again, remote desktop allows me to reconnect. So there seems to be an issue between remote desktop and bitdefender’s fire wall.

Here is what does not work:

With the fire wall enabled, I can start the VPN client and get to the username and password box. See ScreenShot1.

After entering my username and password, I get an exception error with bdagent.exe, and bdagent crashes. The icon disappears from the system tray. See ScreenShot2

I then get connected to the remote network. See ScreenShot3

When I try to connect to the remote computer with remote desktop, I get an error that it can’t connect.

Final screen shot is of active process. Bitdefender security center looks like it’s running, but not bdagent.

In summary:

The Cisco VPN is not playing nice with bdagent.exe or vice-versa.

Remote desktop (MSTSC) is not playing nice with bitdefender firewall or vice-versa.

My IT tech at work tells me that I need to allow the VPN client access to a port in the firewall.

Thanks.

post-30819-1282309116_thumb.jpg

post-30819-1282309133_thumb.jpg

post-30819-1282309151_thumb.jpg

post-30819-1282309178_thumb.jpg

post-30819-1282309202_thumb.jpg