Slow Pc Performance Although It Reaches Minimum Requirements

My system ran very slow after installing BitDefender Total Security 2010... I don't know why this happened, but when I changed to the TrendMicro Client Corporate Version (For Workstations) it worked impressively fast.... My pc specifications are in the range between the minimum system requirements and recomended system requirements...

My Pc Specifications:

Windows XP SP3 (Recently Updated)

Intel Celeron 2 GHz (Similar to Pentium 3)

1 GB RAM 500 Mhz

Motherboard: PCCHIPS M935D

PS: My windows only had Adobe Reader and Microsoft Office 2007 installed on it...

PS²: I also tried to clean my registry and defrag my HDD's with the TuneUp Utilities 2010 and it didn't help...

PS³: I also installed it on another pc ( Windows 7, 4 GB RAM DDR 2 667 MHZ Kingston, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz and Motherboard Intel DG35EC) with the same things intalled and it runs perfectly...

I don't know why does this problem happened if the minimum requirements were reached with the PC on the top of the post and with this second pc it runs perfectly... Although I know the recomended settings are the ones of this second pc, the Antivirus should work slower than it does in a Dual Core PC, but it SHOULD WORK what in my case don't happened... The computer was very very slow in a way that it could not be used anymore... I hope someone could solve this with me because I know this is one of the best antiviruses we have on the market together with the Kaspersky, G-DATA and Symantec Norton...

Best Regards,

André Madureira

Comments

• Unknown
    edited August 2010

Hi André,

Considering the PC performance I would recommend you to keep some of the features turned off,those that you may not need (Parental Control, HomeNetwork etc) to speed-up the PC. You can also use an older version of the product that requires less resources such as 2008 or 2009. Furthermore you can switch from using BitDefender Total Security to BitDefender Antivirus and your computer should run smoother.

Regards,