Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Update

Options

Hi,

Recently my windows updates stopped working. Microsoft advised I uninstall Bitdefender and try again. This solved the problem. Re-installing Bitdefender again stopped the Vista updates working.

So as it stands I can't have BD installed if I want Vista updates.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks

Keef.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hi Keef

I only have a suggestion if you work with BitDefender Antivirus Plus or internet security. Open BD go to firewall,traffic,add a new rule then choose for browse and go to x:\windows\system32\wuauclt.exe (change x by the letter of your hard disc (partition) where windows is installed on.)

Do this also for wupdmgr.exe and allow both incoming and outgoing traffic. You can try also to set the slider in BD on local system just for using windows update.

Regards

Niels

• Dear Niels,

I allowed the "wuauclt.exe" two-way firewall access but could not find the file "wupdmgr.exe" .

Still could not download updates until I disabled real-time antivirus in BDSS 10.2.

More info, pls, if you have it.

Thanks and Regards,

Scotty60

• Niels
    Options

Dear Scotty60

I must say that I still use windows xp home and I don't have any problems for download windows updates. That was my only suggestion that I knew. The best thing is that you send a mail or wait till someone of BitDefender will reply here. Sorry that I can't help you any further.

Regards

Niels

• OK, Thanks, Niels,

I will percevere.

Regards,

Scotty60

• try renaming the file bdpredir.sys in program files\common files\softwin\bitdefender firewall