Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cant Update

Options

I haven't been able to update for a couple of weeks now.

I have BD Total Security 2010.

I am running Vista Home Premium.

When asked to download updates, I only get a small percentage done before it stops.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hello,

Please tell me what error / notification message you receive when trying to update. Any other security solutions installed on the same computer ?

• Hello,

Please tell me what error / notification message you receive when trying to update. Any other security solutions installed on the same computer ?

Hey Dany,

There is no error message or code as such.

It checks that there is 8436kb to download.

Then it starts downloading...gets to between 150-450kb & just stops.

It waits a couple of minutes, then starts the process again.

As for other security, I am not running anything else.

Your thoughts very welcome.

Thanks.

Simon.

• Unknown
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi Simon,

Does it always stop at the same update size ? Do you get an ! sign mark or goes back to 0 size ? Try to make a screenshot of the Update tab in Expert Mode when you are trying to update.

Follow the steps below and remove the Firewall rule for the update process then test to see if the issue is resolved:

1. Open the BitDefender window, select Settings, then select the Expert mode and click on Apply and then on Ok;

2. Select the Firewall module in the left part;

3. Go to the Rules tab

4. Click on Advanced then search in the list for the entry for: livesrv.exe and remove all entries with this name from the list. To remove the entry select the rule then press the Delete button

5. Close the firewall rule window;

6. Go to the Update tab then on Settings

7. Under "Advanced settings" please make sure that the boxes next to "Don't update if scan is in progress" AND "Don't update if Game Mode is on" are not checked.

8. Test to see if the issue still replicates.

• yannickhk
    edited August 2010
    Options

I've been having the same kind of problem for the past 2 days.

When I tried to start the update process manually, the status gets to 100% and then nothing. It doesn't download anything.

It's strange because everything has been working just fine for months and then suddenly two days ago, nothing gets updated. I wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for the little red warning triangle in the system tray icon.

Please help

Sorry about the double post, I couldn't figure out how to edit my previous one.

I've attached a picture of my screen while bitdefender attempts to update. It stays like that for a very long time and then replaces the 100% in the status by 'none'.

post-35805-1281436818_thumb.png

• amitgogna
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hi Simon,

Does it always stop at the same update size ? Do you get an ! sign mark or goes back to 0 size ? Try to make a screenshot of the Update tab in Expert Mode when you are trying to update.

Follow the steps below and remove the Firewall rule for the update process then test to see if the issue is resolved:

1. Open the BitDefender window, select Settings, then select the Expert mode and click on Apply and then on Ok;

3. Go to the Rules tab

4. Click on Advanced then search in the list for the entry for: livesrv.exe and remove all entries with this name from the list. To remove the entry select the rule then press the Delete button

7. Under "Advanced settings" please make sure that the boxes next to "Don't update if scan is in progress" AND "Don't update if Game Mode is on" are not checked.

Tried the same, but still the same issue. BTW, I am using Win 7 Pro 32 Bit

Edit: Sorry!! Resolved!! Found the answer at http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20261

• Hello,

@amitgogna: glad to see the issue is resolved. Feel free to contact me with any future queries you may have.

@Yannickhk: An email with instructions on how to further investigate were sent to your GMail account. Follow the steps and send me back the requested log files for further analysis.

Regards,

• Never mind, It is working again. It might have been a problem with the servers or China testing their &%$#! censorship firewall again.

Thanks for the fast reply though, I really appreciated it.

Good day and take care you all

Nick

• Hello,

@amitgogna: glad to see the issue is resolved. Feel free to contact me with any future queries you may have.

Regards,

Again the same issue. This time I cannot even take control of the NAG folder. Owner is "Users" and me being the administrator is denied access of the Folder. Now till the time I am not able to take control, Updates will not happen. Any suggestions?

• Hi Simon,

3. Go to the Rules tab

• Hey Dany,

All is well. It seems to be an internet speed problem.

I guess 10kbps isn't the best for updates.

I have changed providers & have updated.

Thanks very much for your advice.

Simon.

• I have also a problem with the update, i just don`t let me. Update unaveliable.

post-36045-1282264384_thumb.jpg

• Hi,

@Simon: glad to see the issue is resolved. You can also upgrade to the new 2011 version we just released. If you need assistance in upgrading please let me know and I'll be happy to assist you further.

@Lfrp09:

Please read the article below and upgrade to BitDefender Antivirus 2011. If the issue still persist please let me know so we will further investigate.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#711

Regards,

• Hi,

@Simon: glad to see the issue is resolved. You can also upgrade to the new 2011 version we just released. If you need assistance in upgrading please let me know and I'll be happy to assist you further.

@Lfrp09:

Please read the article below and upgrade to BitDefender Antivirus 2011. If the issue still persist please let me know so we will further investigate.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#711

Regards,

• I too am having a problem updating. Last time I was able to updaye was 8/9. I have tried all the suggested methods, including deleting the files in the advanced firewall. I looked at the folder "NAG", nothing there except where bitdefender 2009 had expired. I downloaded 2010 on 6/28 and have been able to update until 8/10 although it has never automatically updated like the 2009 version did.

Suggestions?

Thanks

TMS

• Hi TMS,

I have created you a ticket and sent you instructions via email on how to resolve the update issue you are facing. Your ticket ID is: 201009011009941

Please confirm via email if the issue was resolved.

Regards,