[solved] Failed To Upgrade From Bd 2009 To Bd2010

KLG
KLG
edited August 2010 in Bitdefender 2010 products

Dear BD Technicians:

Can't express how i was amazed to see upgrading from BD 2009 to BD 2010 at no cost. However, as i followed the procedures described in the top-listed thread, all is ready for inputting my serial number for BD 2010, and what surprised me was that it showed "License key you have entered is invalid". and now the software is running at evaluation mode.

The license key was purchased in China for a three-year non-stop upgrading service. and My registered BD account is "<removed>".

I'm now wondering whether this free upgrade service has a bias for the above-mentioned region.

As My desktop is running with Windows Seven, an BD 2009 is no longer compatiable with Win 7 any more. Pls. do me the favor to tell me how to resolve the problem.

Thanks very much.

P.S.: BD account mail address is feasible if you got any resolution, thanks again!

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited August 2010

Hello BD-FAN,

Please post what type of BitDefender 2009 you previously had and what type of BitDefender 2010 you are trying to install. Also, please confirm that <removed> is the username for your BitDefender MyAccount and that you have there only one BitDefender key. If you have there multiple keys, please send me a PM with the exact key that you're having problems with, so I can ask someone to check it out for you.

Cris.

• KLG
    KLG
    edited August 2010

Dear Cris, the type is Bitdefender internet security 2009, and the type which i've installed within computer is Bitdefender internet security 2010. Affirmative the above-mentioned mail address is the one for Myaccount. And private license key has been PM to ya. thanks for your assistance.

• OK, I've asked around. Your key is valid.

However, BitDefender's partner from China asked that Chinese products have different license keys than the ”normal” BitDefender products (distributed in all other languages). The key you sent me is for Chinese Simplified products.

If you followed exactly the steps described in the pinned topic on this forum, then you might have downloaded the English version of BitDefender, which means that the keys won't work. You will have to try to download the installation kit in Chinese Simplified from the partner's website (I believe this is the address, according to our main website: http://www.bit361.com/ ). You can also download the kit directly from our download server, here: http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty/final/cn_sp/

You will have to first uninstall the current product you have installed, then install the new one. Then try to register with your key and it should work. If you continue to have problems registering, please let me know.

You also have another alternative. If you choose to have BitDefender installed in another language (for instance, if you wish to keep your current installation), we can invalidate your current key (the one you've sent me) and generate for you a new key, which will be valid for the English (and other languages, except Chinese) for the rest of your licensing period. This will be done free of charge.

Please let me know your decision.

Cris.

• KLG
    KLG
    edited August 2010

Dear Cris, thanks for your help. I have tried downloading from the direct link provided other than www.bit361.com. and selct the cn_sp version, and it works. thanks very much!

• You're welcome, BD-FAN. I'm glad that I could help. If you have further question, don't hesitate to post.

Have a nice day.

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.