Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Backup To Dvd

Options

I'm using Windows XP SP2 on a Dell 4600. BitDefender Total Security 2008 was able to back up to my external USB-connected SONY DVD just fine, but I have not been able to backup to it since I upgraded to TS 2010. All backup jobs I execute "act like" they are doing the backup process in that the backup process appears to go through all of the steps and takes many minutes to complete and doesn't produce any error messages, but my DVD drive is never accessed (never even spins up), and in reality, the backup files are being written to my harddrive. The backup process concludes with a "Burn Successful" message, but again, nothing ever touched my DVD, and the backup files that were written to my harddrive are immediately erased after that message appears.

Perhaps related, I am unable to read from my DVD at all from any program unless I disable real-time virus scanning, or unless I excluded the DVD drive letter from the virus scanning list.

Does the TS 2010 backup software work with DVDs? If so, how can I get it working?

Thank you,

Dean

Comments

• One more piece of info. on this issue: if I go to the BD Backup Toolbox and click "Manage my Burner", and then select any option on the page that appears, the only choice for a Device that I see is "#: Image device" even though Windows successfully sees my DVD as drive H: This makes me think that BD just isn't seeing this device at all.

• One more piece of info. on this issue: if I go to the BD Backup Toolbox and click "Manage my Burner", and then select any option on the page that appears, the only choice for a Device that I see is "#: Image device" even though Windows successfully sees my DVD as drive H: This makes me think that BD just isn't seeing this device at all.

I posted this 24 days ago, and no response at all from BitDefender...why not?

• Hello,

First of all allow me to apologize for the late response. I have sent you instructions via email on how to resolve the issue you are facing with the Online Backup. Your ticket ID is: 201009011010336.

Please confirm via email if the issue has been resolved.

Kind regards,