Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Stand-by Resume Problem

Options

I have been having a problem recently, but am not sure it is caused by a BitDefender update installation or caused or something else. This is a Windows XP system running BD 2010 with the latest update. I have been using Stand-by mode without any problem for years. Now, whenever I bring this system out of Stand-by, if I try to open any program via double-clicking an icon on my desktop, instead of the program opening I am presented with the menu I would see if I right-clicked on the icon. If I touch the desktop screen anywhere, I am presented with the menu I would normally see if I right-clicked on the desktop. Normally, if I touch the desktop screen somewhere else, the menu closes. However, after coming out of Stand-by when I touch the screen somewhere else I am repeatedly presented with the same menu at each point where I move the cursor to on the desktop. Pressing the Esc button has no effect. The only way to stop the menu from appearing is to click on the start menu, open a new program, or click on an already opened program.

Further, after resuming from Stand-by, any program I open is semi-locked. That is, it opens, but clicking on anything in the toolbar has no effect, nor does trying to move the slider bars on the side or the bottom of the program window. I can move the cursor to a spot in the program, but I cannot do anything at that spot (enter data, open a link). I can get the program to work partially by clicking within another program or even clicking the Start button, then going back to the locked program screen. But that is only good for one click within in the program. Then it locks up again. What program I open does not matter. It happens in all — browser, file manager, word processor, graphics.

I have now worked out ways to end the problem, and once ended the entire system works normally until the next time I put the system into Stand-by mode and bring it out.

Under the Power settings in the Display applet I have the system set to turn off the monitor and the hard disks after 25 minutes of inactivity and to go into Stand-by after 30 minutes. When it goes into Stand-by via Power Management, I can bring the system back normally. The problem seems to be limited to going into Stand-by mode via Start > Turn off computer. Sometimes waking the system from stand-by from either Power Management or Shut Down I find the BitDefender icon in the tray grayed out, and I cannot get the system to work properly without rebooting. Does BitDefender play well with Stand-by mode, or do I need to tweak something within BD or withing my Stand-by settings?

Tony

Comments

• I've resolved this issue, and it had nothing to do with BitDefender. It was a hardware problem.

• Glad to see the issue is resolved. If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Topic closed as case resolved.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.