Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Seccenter.exe Hogging The Pc

Options

I've been happy with bitdefender for over a year now, until trouble started last week.

I sent a message the 12th june via the support tool that comes with the program, after 8 hours of waiting I had an autoreply (!) in French (why not Dutch or English?) that said I should go elsewhere with my problem!? (I clicked technical issue/ PC slowdown... where the heck should I address my problem to then?)

Now, I did the same thing yesterday evening, and now I still have no answer...

As you understand I'm irritated by how all runs right now. Hope I might have some decent response trying it this way.

Comments

• I've been happy with bitdefender for over a year now, until trouble started last week.

I sent a message the 12th june via the support tool that comes with the program, after 8 hours of waiting I had an autoreply (!) in French (why not Dutch or English?) that said I should go elsewhere with my problem!? (I clicked technical issue/ PC slowdown... where the heck should I address my problem to then?)

Now, I did the same thing yesterday evening, and now I still have no answer...

As you understand I'm irritated by how all runs right now. Hope I might have some decent response trying it this way.

Hi PVHE,

First, you could begin your message with Hi (or hello) and write Thanks at the end... It's nice to everyone aboard.

Besides, you could leave a message on the forum giving us as many details on your problem and details on your system too. (We know nothing yet of what happened) A BD technician will probably answer you soon.

Check the forum, there are lots of issues with answers and yours could be found there.

Take in account we should have only

one firewall

one antivirus

one antispyware

per machine.

If your problem is a pc slowdown I suggest you to:

deinstall every software you will not use in the next three months (and keep of course activation codes on a notebook)

deactivate every software you will not use in the session.

Your computer will boot much faster!

Check your hard disk (almost full?) your memory too. However I usually suspect too many software installed among which lots of adwares (too many toolbars loaded with "free" spywares, most of them are not necessary). And of course the most recent softwares are heavy on old machines...

Clean the registry basis with Ccleaner (free) - to be used with caution.

regards,

:huh:

L.

• PVHE
    Options

Hi there. I didn't feel to say hi, as this isn't really a forum i use for fun & leisure. Nothing bad meant of course. So hi all.

I didn't describe the problem, as they have already much more information than I could ever give here, by using the support tool feature within BD TS10.

So my message is about pointing out that BD support is doing a poor job. And I really can't be convinced otherwise so far.

First I think you should get an auto-email saying they received everything well, and that they will look upon the problem asap.

Secondly, 8 hours before getting response is way too long.

Thridly, I got an automatically sent email in French (I posted my problem in English, and I'm Dutch speaking), which means I had to figure out what was being said. I also think it's very impersonal to get such an email. And I feel like no-one ever looked upon the case.

Of course I hope (as I saw in other threads) they'll help me out. But I can vent my frustrations, right? They should really improve on this. Getting money by selling a product is easy, giving decent support when there are issues isn't as easy, still I hope they try harder to do so.

That being said...

System is an Intel 2.8Ghz dual core processor, 32bits main frame, with 4GB RAM. There are no unneeded processes or services running (haven't changed anything recently) There is plenty of free space on the HD, the PC is running smooth without BD. So I shouldn't look further eh?

The problem occured instantly without any reason. I haven't installed anything new, for a while I thought it might because of a mozilla firefox update, but when I look at the CPU-usage, it was seccenter causing it, using up to 50%. Which means one full processor.

Hereby networkactivity slows down and my PC freezes at some point.

Hopefully you can help me out.

Thanks

• System is an Intel 2.8Ghz dual core processor, 32bits main frame, with 4GB RAM.

4GB RAM, you have Vista? Seven? probably... with XP (I only have XP...) we can't go over 3 GB.

You have plenty of memory, indeed.

The PC is running smooth without BD. So I shouldn't look further eh?.

Maybe you could download your Bitdefender version from Bd server, switch off internet, fully deinstall the actual version (with the help of Ccleaner or another cleaning soft) and install the file you downloaded, (you keep the activation code ). Maybe it will settle the issue?

The problem occured instantly without any reason. I haven't installed anything new, for a while I thought it might because of a mozilla firefox update, but when I look at the CPU-usage, it was seccenter causing it, using up to 50%. Which means one full processor.Hereby network activity slows down and my PC freezes at some point.

If you did not download any nasty program from a P&P server, if you don't suspect a malware either, I do not see why firefox updates would create trouble yet with BD Seccenter. The latest updates I got did not create a havoc on my old machines.

Bizarre... Check again with the task manager if every files look safe. (google is our friend)

an example below

task manager definitions

and fully deinstall BD and reinstall it.

Sorry, I can't see further.

have a nice evening

:)

L.