Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2010 Upgrade To 2011

Options

I purchased a 2 year license for Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 in the fall of 2009, and I would like to know if there is a free upgrade to 2011?

Thanks,

Comments

• Same question here. Would seem logical: why would you otherwise get 2 years of security coverage?

Regards,

Sebastiaan

• Unknown
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hello,

Indeed there is a free upgrade from the 2010 to the 2011 version.

In order to upgrade to BitDefender Internet Security 2011 you need to follow the steps below:

1. Uninstall BitDefender by using THIS tool. Click on the Uninstall button then wait until you are requested to restart the PC.

2. Start your computer in SAFE MODE and locate these folders if they still exist:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender

C:\Documents and Settings\<windows_username>\Application Data\BitDefender

C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender

Delete ALL the above folders if still present after uninstall process is complete and computer was restarted.

3. If you have any registry / temporary files cleaner software (i.e. CCleaner) run it to clean your computer.

4. Restart the computer again and install BitDefender 2011.

5. Restart the PC again.

To correctly install BitDefender Internet Security 2011 please SAVE then OPEN the following file:

BitDefender Internet Security 2011:

32bits:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2011_32b.exe

64bits:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2011_64b.exe

When the download is complete open the file and start the installation.

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows XP/Vista is the only operating system installed on your computer, booting into Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

Important: when asked to disable Windows Defender and Windows Firewall please do so.

Regards,

• Danial,

Thanks for the information.

Also, I posted new information on my Cisco VPN problem. Could you take a look when you have a chance?

Thanks,

Bill M.

• Hey Bill,

Please provide me with a link on that topic or the ticket ID and I'll look into it.

• Hey Bill,

Please provide me with a link on that topic or the ticket ID and I'll look into it.

Daniel,

Ticket ID:201007311003697

Here's the link to my latest post:

/index.php?/topic/20326-cisco-vpn-does-not-work-with-bitdefender-internet-security-2010/" rel="">Cisco Vpn Does Not Work With Bitdefender Internet Security 2010

I last emailed you on 8/3, but I haven't had a chance to follow up.

Thanks,

Bill

• Back on topic.

The update went flawlessly. Great work Bitdefender.

One comment, when you start the install and are given the option to register, you could make it clearer for existing registered customers to log into their BD account to register the update.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.