[resolved]Action Center And Bitdefender 2011

Hello,

After installing BitDefender, Action Center reports that anti-virus, spyware and firewall do not work.

Bitdefender is installed on windows 7 x64.

post-32241-1282200383_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

Please provide me with the following information:

- the logs generated at the end of the steps below;

- have you used a prior version (2009,2010) before installing 2011

- what is the name and size of the installation kit you used to install Total Security 2011

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. First please unplug the internet cable from your computer or disable your Wireless Adapter, if you are connected to a wireless network.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Send us in reply to this email the file created.

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

When you have the diagnostic file upload it HERE

Regards,

• I have exactly the same problem as the orgainal post.

I manage to successfully upgrade from BitDefender Internet Security 2010 to 2011, however it use the 64 bit window 7 system as the orgainal post does and have exactly the same problems.

Hope someone can suggest an solutions to this.

• Not much time I encountered the same problem with BitDefender Total Security 2010, when, for various reasons had to reinstall. Action Center indicate that my PC is not protected. How I solved the problem myself: I had to reinstall BitDefender about 2 times from the beginning and then went without any problems. Every time I used the uninstall tool provided by BitDefender.

Hoping that I was helpful, I wish you luck. I use BitDefender Total Security 2011 without issue

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Hello Lichinto,

Please follow the steps from THIS post and send me the results.

Thank you!

• lichinto
    edited August 2010
    Hello Lichinto,

Please follow the steps from THIS post and send me the results.

Thank you!

Here is the link to the file u request me to produces using the support tools.

Also i am using window 7 64bit, is install the bitdefender security 2011 by upgrade it from bitdefender security 2010.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k1x7hw

The problem i get is that the action center in window 7 keep told me the anti virus, firewall and anti-spam is turn off, and keep told me to start bitdefender or window firewalls/window defender.

However, i checked the bitdefender, it is turn on, but action center keep told me it is off in window 7.

• I'm seeing the same results as the original post in this thread(programinjo). I also have Windows 7, but [x86] version. If I check the status of BDAV 2011, it says everything is running.

Conversely, on occasion, the icon is missing from the taskbar notification area, but the scan activity window is present. If I check the Action Area, everything appears to be running even though I can't check BDAV's status.

Thanks,

Leighton

• Hello,

@lichinto: Go to Start => Run and type services.msc

In the new window locate Security Center and check the startup type of that service.

Also follow the steps below and send me the logs as PM after you upload them online:

a) Please go to THIS page

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then just upload it HERE

@Leighton: please follow the steps from THIS post and send me the results after you upload the file HERE

Looking forward to your answer!

• OK, i finally have time to do what you ask me to do,

in additional, i have also been try fully uninstalled it and clean install it again, however the same problems occur.

Here below is the file that you request me to upload.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wmjqf4

hope these help and hopefully would come in an solution to fix the problem. >_<

Hello,

@lichinto: Go to Start => Run and type services.msc

In the new window locate Security Center and check the startup type of that service.

Also follow the steps below and send me the logs as PM after you upload them online:

a) Please go to THIS page

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then just upload it HERE

@Leighton: please follow the steps from THIS post and send me the results after you upload the file HERE

• Hi Lichinto,

Please check your email for instructions on how to resolve the issue you are facing.

• Hi Lichinto,

Please check your email for instructions on how to resolve the issue you are facing.

The only problem is the time, i will be at work between 9 to 17:00 GTM, and I be travel back home at 17:00 GTM to 18:00GMT during mon to fri, which mean i will not be able to be physically at my home pc...>_<

Can it be at a different time?

• Sure thing. Just reply with a convenient time and a phone # where I can reach you.

• Hi Lichinto,

Why isn't the solution what resolves this problem posted also here? I mean that I have the same problem and neeed to fix this as well.

• Hello,

First of all, you are posting in an old topic. It would have been best to create your own new topic when you need assistance.

Furthermore, the reason why I do not post the resolution in a topic is because the cause is not always the same so we can't give a general solution. It may happen because of another security solution installed on the same PC, because of a faulty upgrade to 2011, because of a faulty reinstall of BitDefender, infected PC etc.

You have the exact same issue ? After installing BitDefender, Action Center reports that anti-virus, spyware and firewall do not work ? All three modules ?

Also, are you also using Windows 7 64-bits ? Please read our Forum Rules before posting in order to avoid getting your account warned or even suspended.

Click HERE to read the Forum Rules !

Topic is duplicate with the one below therefore I've close it. Please check your email for further instructions and/or read my reply in the topic below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry109195

This discussion has been closed.