Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Spamware And Outlook 2007

Options

I am having two problems with my Internet Security 2010 that I hope someone can help me with. First, occassionally the spamware will cause Outlook 2007 to lock up and it will not unlock and operate until I disable Bitdefender Spamware. When I do this it will open again and I can reactivate Bitdefender, but it is like it has to relearn everything again. This happens about once per weel.

Secondly, when I run a deep scan or a system scan the log tells me that the scan skipped 1,402,094 files. It will not tell me which files it skipped or why. This seems like an inordinately high amount of files to skip. Any ideas about why and how I can get it to look at this files? I feel like Bitdefender is not working properly. Of I send e-mails to them and never hear back, which is another totally different issue and major pet peave.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello Nackman,

Please read THIS topic in order to upgrade to our latest version, BitDefender 2011 and the issue you are facing should be resolved. Keep in mind after the upgrade to set the Antispam module to Moderate to Permissive and let me know if the issue still occurs.

Kind regards,

post-20064-1283354059_thumb.jpg

• Ok Danny I am have downloaded it and will run it. Hopefully it will see that I am running a 64 bit system, it hasn't asked yet. Will also run a virus check on it first. Hopefully this will get rid of the problems I tallked about, especially the skipped files problem.

• Hello,

Nackman please keep in mind that we have different installation kits for 32-bit and 64-bit computers so make sure that you choose the correct installation kit. If you need further assistance feel free to start a new topic on the BitDefender 2011 products forum.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

Nackman please keep in mind that we have different installation kits for 32-bit and 64-bit computers so make sure that you choose the correct installation kit. If you need further assistance feel free to start a new topic on the BitDefender 2011 products forum.

Kind regards,

Daniel,

I downloaded 2011 from the links you gave me and installed it. It never asked me which versiion of windows I was using, Win 7 or XP,and it never asked if I was running a 32 or 64 bit system. I scanned my computer and downloaded and installed. It ran a full scan to sart and the same thing that happened in 2010 happened in 2011, it skipped some 1,230,895 files. I want to know what these files are and why BitDefender skips them? As you can see nearly 3 times the files are skipped than are actually scanned.

Scanned items: 493442

Infected items: 7

Suspect items: 0 (no suspected items have been detected)

Resolved items: 7

Unresolved items: 0 (no issues remained unresolved)

[-]Advanced

Scan time: 01: 02: 58

Files per second: 130

Skipped items: 1230895

Password-protected items: 0

Over-compressed items: 6

Scanned archives: 319

Input-output errors: 51

Scanned boot sectors: 4

Scanned processes: 4080

Infected processes: 0

Scanned registry keys: 1419

Infected registry keys: 0

Scanned cookies: 2924

Infected cookies: 7

Norm

• Hi,

All files that appear as Skipped in the scan report are clean. BitDefender 2011 has a new feature called SmartScan, which decreases the duration of the scan by adding clean files to a cache so that they will be skipped at the next scan if the files have not been accessed or modified in any way. If a file that is already present in the cache is accessed, then it will be removed from the cache.

Regards,

• Hi,

All files that appear as Skipped in the scan report are clean. BitDefender 2011 has a new feature called SmartScan, which decreases the duration of the scan by adding clean files to a cache so that they will be skipped at the next scan if the files have not been accessed or modified in any way. If a file that is already present in the cache is accessed, then it will be removed from the cache.

Regards,

Danny

Thanks for the replies and the help, maybe there is support at Bitdefender after all. Your help is appreciated.

Norm