Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem With Emailing Pictures Within Wndows Xp Pro

Options

Just installed Bitdefender Total Security 2010 - Build 13.0.21.347

OS;

Windows XP Pro SP 3 with all critical updates

Problem With;

Outlook Express 6

After install of Bitdefender, I found that I could not email pictures from within a user created folder on the Desktop without getting this OE 6 error message;

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smpt.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

After I close that error message ....the email to be sent is in my - Out Box - and can be sent by hitting Send & Receive

Any fixes for this ?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hello,

Your SMTP (outgoing mail server) could be blocked.

Here is how to test it:

A. Go to Start -> Run -> type: cmd

B. When the Command prompt appears type: telnet smtp.gct21.net 25

(include the spaces exactly as shown above)

C. Wait a few seconds. You should see the following: '220 mail4.gct21.net ESMTP'. This means that it is not blocked.

D. If you do not see this message, your SMTP is being blocked.

Furthermore I have created you a ticket (ID: 201009011011334) and sent you instructions on how to upgrade to the new 2011 version. The issue should not occur anymore. Let me know via email, as a reply to my message, the results of the test and if the issue was resolved upon upgrading.

Kind regards,