Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Suggestion: Can We Customize Exclusion List ?

Options

Hi there,

I was thinking about cutting down background scanning time a while ago. And I decided, among other things, to untick the box 'scan within archives'. I was also thinking about excluding graphic files from the scan, seeing as many application GUI's actually work with graphic files like jpg's, bmp's or gif's,...etc.

However, when I went to the antivirus exclusion list I found that I was only able to exclude the jpeg,jpg,bmp and gif formats included in the default exclusion list. Which basically means, I cannot add png's, pcx's, psp's, psd's, raw's, tga's or other graphic formats not included in the list. I am only asking this because I tend to make use of quite a lot of graphic applications such as Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro,...etc. And I don't want the files I have made with these applications scanned every time.

So I was wondering if it was possible to customize the list, by adding an extension the user has self-defined, rather than only adding one from the default exclusion list ? I know for a fact that there are some antivirus programs available that provide such an option.

Many thanks,

Comments

• Mihaela M.
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi PinguThePenguin,

First I want to apologize for my delay in responding to your post. Be informed that you can add manually the extensions you do not want to be scanned by BitDefender. In order to do this, open BitDefender, from the top right corner go to Settings and choose Expert Mode - > go to the Antivirus module. Then choose the Exclusions tab and click on the "+" sign you see (up to On-demand). BitDefender Exclusions Wizard will open and choose "Exclude by extension", click on Next and write in the drop down menu box the extension you want ( e.g: png, pps) and then click on Add. Under Selected Extensions you will see the extensions you entered.

Note: Do not enter .png, .pps, enter just the extension, without "."

Thank you.:)