Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Using Bit Defender Alone

Options

i have had a few teething problems with 2008 but im pleased to say thanks to the excellent live assistance support all has been running ok for a while now.

what i want to ask is that i was told not to install any other security products alongside bit defender.

now many computer mags reccommend spybot the free one and this picks up many cookies ect which bit defneder does not or are my scan setting wrong.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello webbit

Cookies are harmless. That are only textfiles which can contain your password and username so you don't have to enter the information again or to store your language. BitDefender doesn't scan on cookies. You can delete them very easily. In Internet Explorer go to tools,internet-option (settings),delete/remove cookies.

You can install other security programs except a separate antivirus. It isn't also very wise if you are running many anti-spyware products with realtime protection enabled.

Best regards

Niels