Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Lexmark Pro900 Wifi

Options

I have just bought a Lexmark Pro 900 series WIFI printer and it appears that it is effectively incompatible with BitDefender 2010. I had to 'un-install' BitDefender to get the printer to work from my Laptop (which after 3 hours of Lexmark's Tech Support, it did). When I re-installed BitDefender 2010, I get the message "Communication not Available" (PC and Printer cannot communicate). Lexmark say it is a problem with BitDefender; Is there somebody in Bit Defender or elsewhere that can help?

Comments

• could be barking up wrong tree but i have a kodak esp7 connected wirelessly and had to approve the printer software, if you check your firewall logs it should tell you if it's being blocked, my desktops dead at min so can't check for sure but i think that is your prob

• I have just bought a Lexmark Pro 900 series WIFI printer and it appears that it is effectively incompatible with BitDefender 2010. I had to 'un-install' BitDefender to get the printer to work from my Laptop (which after 3 hours of Lexmark's Tech Support, it did). When I re-installed BitDefender 2010, I get the message "Communication not Available" (PC and Printer cannot communicate). Lexmark say it is a problem with BitDefender; Is there somebody in Bit Defender or elsewhere that can help?

Hi David Morley,

Keltic's true, check Bd's firewall rules.

Maybe the thread below will help you to fix the options to share internet?

BD and network...

Or check for some other threads.

Good luck for the investigation,

:)

L.

• Hello,

Further to your query please keep in mind that you have two options in resolving it:

- option 1: upgrade to BitDefender 2011 (free upgrade):

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20941

- option 2: keep the 2010 and follow the steps below:

- open BitDefender Security Center

- click on Settings

- switch the UI to Expert mode

- click on OK

- select Firewall

- open the Network tab

- select the connection to which the printer is connected (under Adapter/Zones)

- click on the icon with the "+" sign

- type in the IP address from the printer (or select it from this window)

- select Allow

- click on OK

This should solve the problem.

Kind regards,