Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Removing Product, Nag Folder Remains

Options

I wish to get rind of Bitdefender 2010. Reason being, my netbook needs every ounce of processing power it has. I downloaded the new removal tool off the BitDefender site, and for some reason, when I check if it was completely removed, I still have a system folder named BitDefender>Bitdefender 2010>NAG

When I try to access the NAG folder, it says that the directory is invalid. When i try to shift+delete it, it says that the folder is not empty. I cannot shred it with a 3rd party, and I cannot send it to the recycle bin. I wish to remove it entirely from my system.

Regards,

Erufen

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

Try the following

1) Run the Bitdefender Uninstall Tool again

2) Manually search for Bitdefender traces in registry and the drive where you installed Bitdefender.

3) Try to delete the NAG folder in Safe Mode.

4) Or use "Unlocker" software to delete it. You can download it from

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

• I wish to get rind of Bitdefender 2010. Reason being, my netbook needs every ounce of processing power it has. I downloaded the new removal tool off the BitDefender site, and for some reason, when I check if it was completely removed, I still have a system folder named BitDefender>Bitdefender 2010>NAG

When I try to access the NAG folder, it says that the directory is invalid. When i try to shift+delete it, it says that the folder is not empty. I cannot shred it with a 3rd party, and I cannot send it to the recycle bin. I wish to remove it entirely from my system.

Regards,Erufen

+1 for ONT,

Deactivate BD in msconfig (Start/Msconfig/Start...) before using safe mode to suppress it, it could help...

:)

L.

• Searching trough the registry is so much fun!

I just went straight for the unlocker path after 15 minutes of empty searching. The folder is gone, I re-ran the uninstall tool just for safe measure, and BD has been removed.

Thanks!

• Searching trough the registry is so much fun!

Happy it works... However I'd never say fumbling in the registry is fun, simply because a mistake can create a big mess in the system. Probably easier if the name of the sub-file is clear enough to check and delete, but I do consider modifying the registry is an unsafe operation... Fortunately the unlocker seems efficient there... :rolleyes:

regards

:)

L