Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2010 Total Security Crashes

Options

----

Bitdefender 2010 total security suite crashes everyday and offers to restart, but again crashes.This is going on for the last weeks. Also VSSERV.exe still uses 100% CPU, when are you guys going to wake up and fix this problem? A good software with incompetent and irresponsible technical support, you are going to loose a lot of customers !!I uninstalled bitdefender via control panel, then used the Bitdenfednder uninstall toolalso, then used a registry cleaner, and then reinstalled it again, but the problem persists.PLEASE TELL US IF YOU HAVE A FIX OR REFUND THE AMOUNT.I ran the support tool.exe and am uploading the file generated by it.I am not able to upload the .zip file generated by the support tool.xe.

Comments

• I am not able to upload the .zip file generated by the support tool.xe.

Where did you try to upload the file? You should be able to upload it HERE. Then, send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about the PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

• i have uploaded the error file as advised at this link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mawg3d

• nikki605
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i have uploaded the error file as advised at this link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mawg3d

Did you send this information to DanyDan in a PM?

Also, have you considered the free upgrade to BDTS 2011? What type/speed CPU does your PC have and how much RAM? Which OS are you running - XP, Vista, 7 - 32-bit or 64-bit? A complete list of the system requirements can be found HERE.

Regards,

• drbadami
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi Nikki, I did send a PM to DanyDan as suggested by you, and I got a reply from him telling me that I should start a topic and not send him a PM, so I have replied to him also with more details as follows:I also downloaded BDTS 2011 AND INSTALLED IT BUT THE EROR CONTINUES.

Hi Dan

I started a topic on the forum, and was asked to send a PM to you with the download link of the error file.This is the topic link:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...amp;hl=DRBADAMI

THESE ARE MY SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS:

WINXP SP3 (LEGAL COPY)

1GB RAM

PENTIUM 1.5 GHZ

the exact error message i get is Bitdefender Agent has encountered a critical error! and then it offers to restart the BDTS 2010 but the same error message recurs.So I ran the support tool .exe and I have uploaded the error file.

This is going on from last 2 weeks.

will appreciate any help from you.Thanks and regards

Dr.Badami MD

• Hi,

It's a clean install of Windows XP? In other case, what do you have before BitDefender? Perhaps that you didn't Uninstall well your previous Antivirus/Suite.

• Hi drbadami,

In order to solve the issue you have, I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Based on the system configuration you wrote, we noticed that our new released version is compatible with your system and you can use it with no difficulties. In the link bellow you have all the necessary information you need in order to upgrade:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry91020

Thank you.

• @ MrGSM .... It is a clean Install of WinxP, had BDTS 2010, uninstalled it via Control Panel, then ran the BD Uninstall tool, rebooted, ran a registry cleaner, then reinstalled BDTS 2010. Still getting the error message"BITDEFENEDER AGENT ENCOUNTERED A CRITITAL ERROR!! Don't have any other anti virus, on my PC ,Been using BD since 2008.

@Mihaela Masaru ..... Then I removed BDTS 2010 and did the same routine as above and Installed BDTS 2011, STILL HAVING THE SAME ERROR.

• Hi drbadami,

Having this situation, please follow the steps bellow:

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to my colleague DanyDan. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about this particular PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for him to analyze the files and respond depending on his workload, so please be patient.

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi drbadami

Did you turn ON "Windows Automatic Update" option? You may already have installed "Microsoft C++ Runtime libraries (both 2005 and 2008 versions)". Un-install them and then try to reinstall Bitdefender 2011 (BitDefender installer will install these runtimes if they aren't already installed).

• @Mihaela Masaru :As advised by you I have run the supporttool.exe and it has generated a file : BDSP_INDIA_2010_10_30_17_54.zip which I have uploaded to

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tun1hd and also sent a PM to DanyDan with the download link as well as the topic link.I will wait for his reply.

ERROR FILE GENERATED BY THE SUPPORT TOOL.EXE BDSP_INDIA_2010_10_30_17_54.zip

TOPIC LINK : http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry96839

ERROR FILE DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.sendspace.com/file/tun1hd

I am also attaching the Jpg image of the Error popup

In addition I have also added in the ZIP file, the TOTAL DETAILS OF MY COMPUTER’S BELARC PROFILE WHICH GIVES COMPLETE HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE DETAILS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND CO –OPERATION

post-38336-1288462850_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

Dr Badami please create a new Windows Username then login to that one. The issue should be resolved.

Then you can simply copy the documents and the files from the old user to the new one.

I know it's a workaround and not a fix, however we are working towards a resolution as we speak. I will let you know when the resolution will be delivered via the automatic update.

Please let me know if the issue was resolved.

Regards,

• Hi DanyDan,

The error does not occur when I created a new user,but I have so many programmes, passwords saved with the old user, I hope a patch would be available to fix the issue, till then I will learn to live with it.

Many thanks and I take back my words about poor technical support.I have been using Bit defender since 2008 and also recommended to a good number of friends because I found it to be user friendly and not resource hungry and I am looking forward to more developments.

Thank you and best regards

Dr.Badami