Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Keyboard Shortcut Win+e Works Very Slow With Bitdefender Total Security 2010

Hi!

I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2010 on computer equiped with Windows 7 64bit. After the installation, when I press Win+E shortcut to open Windows Explorer, it takes about 5 seconds to open it (it should open instantly). All other keyboard shortcuts (like Win+D, Win+L, Win+R) work fine. If I start Windows Explorer through Start Menu --> Computer, it opens right away. And if I uninstall Bitdefender, the shortcut Win+E works the way it should, so I suppose the problem is Bitdefender. I experienced the same problem on Windows Vista 32bit. Is there any way to achieve that the shortcut would work fine with Bitdefender Total Security 2010? I use this shortcut a lot and I really love Bitdefender and its useful features, that's why I don't want to substitute it with any other antivirus software.

Thank you for your answers in advance,

Morphos

Comments

• Hi Morphos,

In order to solve the issue you described, I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to know if this new version is compatible with your system.

If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you.

• According to the Bitdefender Total Security 2011 User's Guide, my computer can handle Bitdefender TS 2011. So I upgraded the Bitdefender to 2011, but the problem still exists (Win+E shortcut still takes about 5 seconds to open Windows Explorer). Is there any way to fix this in Bitdefender TS 2011?

Thank you in advance,

Morphos

• Hi Morphos,

Can you tell me what Processor do you have ? Also, please check the e-mail address you have related to your forum account, because I sent you some instruction. Follow them and reply me with the support tool generated on your Desktop.

Thank you.

• I have faced the same issue. On my laptop it works perfectly. It's an AMD Phenon x4 Triplo Core 2.1, 8gb ram. and it runs windows 7 64b.

My Desktop, It's an Intel quad core 2.3, 4gb ram. Also have installed windows 7 64b.

When i install BitDefender AV (2009)(2010)(2011)(2012) it works normal. When i try use BitDefender Total Security (2009)(2010)(2011)(2012), it gets the delay on win + e shortcut to windows explorer.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Ill be greatfull..

Cheers.

• Hello :)

I have tested this on a machine with the same configuration with or without Bitdefender installed.

Response time for that command is the same in both situations.

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection on that machine?

Thank you.

• I have the same issue and it is very annoying. When opening windows explorer via win+e it takes 4-5 sec, but no delay when using other ways to open it.

I have: Bitdefender Internet Security 2013, and newly installed Windows 7 64bit Ultimate sp1, AMD Phenom II X4 955 3,20 Ghz and 4GB RAM. No wifi.

• Wintermute
    edited July 2012
    I have the same issue and it is very annoying. When opening windows explorer via win+e it takes 4-5 sec, but no delay when using other ways to open it.

I have: Bitdefender Internet Security 2013, and newly installed Windows 7 64bit Ultimate sp1, AMD Phenom II X4 955 3,20 Ghz and 4GB RAM. No wifi.

After a lot of back and forth with tech support this is what fixed it for me finally:

1) From START search cmd, right click on it and select Run as Administrator

2) In the cmd window type, one by one, the following commands:

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\bdshellext.dll" and then hit Enter

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\bdfvsctx.dll" and then hit Enter

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\fshredctx.dll" and then hit Enter

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

You can also do a repair, those commands will run automatically.

For other discussions regarding Bitdefender 2013, please post on this area:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.