Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To See Bitdefender On Computer

Options

I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but it is impossible to search for "Active X Controls," which seems to be the most relevant topic.

I'm not sure why this happened, since I didn't change Active X controls on my computer, but the most recent time after rebooting I get a message from Bitdefender that "One of more Active X controls could not be displayed" and when I try to open the program I get a large white box where the screen should be (see screen capture below).

Capture.JPG

I did have a trojan that I was trying to remove and possibly this changed the Active X controls (I ended up removing it by deleting the file in my temp folder because I couldn't get the bitdefender virus scan screen to come up).

Any idea how to fix this? If there are no other suggestions, will reinstalling (or removing the 2010 and installing the 2011) fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Hi bitme,

In order to solve the issue you described, I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to know if this new version is compatible with your system.

If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you!

• hello

i have this problem too.i have not changed anything too,and i have not installed any program even.

bitdefender total seceurity 2010

windows 7

it had worked without any problem until today

• Hey Guys

I have been encountering the same problem for about a week now.

Can anyone help?!

1st picture attached - ActiveX Error

2nd picture attached - Bitdefender main menu and unable to use bitdefender

Please help on this issue, it's driving me nuts!

Thx in advance!!

post-39139-1289894609_thumb.jpg

post-39139-1289894622_thumb.jpg

• See another user's solution HERE.

• jkr
    Options

hi Mihaela Masaru,

i have same problem like bitme said, my system configuration is:

OS- windows-7 ultimate(x86)(32 bit)

RAM- 2 gb

PROSESOR- intel i5(650)

MOTHERBOARD- asus P7P55D-E

HDD- 500 gb

GRAPHICS- nvidea geforce gt-240

post-39326-1290316744_thumb.png

please help me to solve this problem send solution to my mail <jkr007jkr@gmail.com> or post here

thank you,

• Hi jkr,

In order to solve this issue I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. In case you are interested in, please access THIS link, there you have all the necessary information you need in order to use our new released version.

Thank you!