Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdwizreg.exe Not Valid Win32 Application

Options

Hi,

I have BitDefender antivirus 2010 and windows xp. When I click on update now I get the following error message:

"C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdwizreg.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

bdwizreg.exe is an application file in the BitDefender 2010 directory.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Hi,

I have BitDefender antivirus 2010 and windows xp. When I click on update now I get the following error message:

"C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdwizreg.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

bdwizreg.exe is an application file in the BitDefender 2010 directory.

Any ideas?

Hi d3hunt,

Welcome aboard! (on the forum)

Please give more information on your system, XP SP2? SP3?

You only have BD antivirus?

What's your firewall?

Rule1: one and only one firewall, one and only one antivirus, one antispyware

Windows firewall should be deactivated when we use another firewall...

Check your firewall, maybe it prevents BD antivirus from access to internet.

No proxies? anonymizer? You should either activate or deactivate both rules in IE or Firefox and your firewall.

Last idea: launch a repair operation of BD software (Start, programs, bitdefender, repair/remove, ...) maybe the soft had not a clean installation.

You keep the old 2010 soft on your hard disk? (I do that). You can reinstall it very smoothly provided that you kept in a notebook the email address and the activation code...

Good evening and welcome on the forum,

:)

L.

• csalgau
    Options

Please try and upload the mentioned file somewhere. Chances are it's been corrupted by something for some reason. You can find information on archiving and uploading files by searching the forums.

• Hi d3hunt,

Welcome aboard! (on the forum)

Please give more information on your system, XP SP2? SP3?

You only have BD antivirus?

What's your firewall?

Rule1: one and only one firewall, one and only one antivirus, one antispyware

Windows firewall should be deactivated when we use another firewall...

Check your firewall, maybe it prevents BD antivirus from access to internet.

No proxies? anonymizer? You should either activate or deactivate both rules in IE or Firefox and your firewall.

Last idea: launch a repair operation of BD software (Start, programs, bitdefender, repair/remove, ...) maybe the soft had not a clean installation.

You keep the old 2010 soft on your hard disk? (I do that). You can reinstall it very smoothly provided that you kept in a notebook the email address and the activation code...

Good evening and welcome on the forum,

L.

Hi Lionet,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not an expert on computers so I'll need a little guidance to answer your questions. How do I check what version of XP I've got and my firewall?

As far as I know I've only got BD antivirus 2010 installed, antivirus is the only BD product I've bought. On my account page it is showing both BD antivirus 2008 and BD antivirus 2010 as active which has always confused me but that's another question...

I haven't got a hard copy of 2010 so not sure reinstall is an option.

Will try to find out answers to questions and post back.

Thanks

David

• Please try and upload the mentioned file somewhere. Chances are it's been corrupted by something for some reason. You can find information on archiving and uploading files by searching the forums.

Hi Catalin,

Thanks for the reply. I will try to upload the file here soon.

Regards,

David

• Hi Lionet,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not an expert on computers so I'll need a little guidance to answer your questions. How do I check what version of XP I've got and my firewall?

As far as I know I've only got BD antivirus 2010 installed, antivirus is the only BD product I've bought. On my account page it is showing both BD antivirus 2008 and BD antivirus 2010 as active which has always confused me but that's another question...

I haven't got a hard copy of 2010 so not sure reinstall is an option.

Will try to find out answers to questions and post back.

ThanksDavid

HI d3hunt,

To find the windows version, Start Program Panel configuration about windows... and you'll know if you have the XP V3.

Microsoft no longer support V1 and V2 and lots of software do not work properly with V1 and V2 (if you check in a store, you will notice that software boxes, antimalware and others will indicate at best: XP V3, Vista, Seven...

Download if possible V3 from Microsoft. (microsoft update)

You do not know if you have a firewall?

Check if you are protected with windows (start program panel configuration security center (bottom right) windows firewall... is it activated?)

(sorry for my broken english)

Good evening!

L.