Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows installer returned '1620'

Options

Hi, i just bought this laptop, and this is my first time installing bitdefender with a cd.

-I use Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1) 64 bit

-No antivirus software currently installed

-The Message I get is "An error occured installing the package. Windows installer returned '1620'

The setup process could not be completed due to an internal error.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Hi, i just bought this laptop, and this is my first time installing bitdefender with a cd. its bit defeder total security 2010. when i launch it at the first time, its suggest me to install the new version. so i click yes, and then the message I get is "An error occured installing the package. Windows installer returned '1620'

The setup process could not be completed due to an internal error.

-I use Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1) 64 bit

-No antivirus software currently installed

Thanks for your help.

• First of all, you are posting in the 2009 forum. Your question would have received better attention by starting a new topic in the 2010 product forum.

You can reply 'no' when prompted about installing a newer version. If fact, try disconnecting from the internet (unplug the Ethernet cable if wired or shutting down the wireless adapter if you are connected wirelessly) and run the installation CD. When the installation completes, reconnect to the internet and perform a manual update. This will download and install the latest program and virus definition updates as well as register the product.

Before doing this however, you should seriously consider upgrading for free to the current 2011 version. It has improved functionality and it is the version currently supported by BitDefender. You can read all about the free upgrade HERE. Be sure to verify that your hardware meets the minimum requirements. You can download and install the 2011 version of TS and use the license key that was provided with the 2010 CD.

If you have any other questions as you go forward with the install, feel free to start a new topic in the 2011 forum.

Regards,