Windows Did Not Find Antivirus Software On This Computer.

Hi,

I'm running Windows XP and BitDefender 2009. In the system tray there is a red shield, which opens to say:

"Windows did not find antivirus software on this computer."

under Anti Virus.

How do fix this?

Thanks,

Steve.

Comments

• Hi Steve_,

In order to solve the encountered issue I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to know if this new version is compatible with your system.

If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

I am waiting for your answer.

Thank you!

• Hello Mihaela.

Thank you very much for your reply. Where do you live? I am from Western Australia.

Here are the specs:

screenshot.jpg

Thanks,

Steve

• Mihaela M.
    edited November 2010

Hi Steve_,

Be informed that BitDefender 2011 is compatible with your system. In order to install it, please follow the steps from THIS link.

Enjoy using our new released version.

Thank you!

• Hi Mihaela,

I have BitDefender Free Edition 2009 installed. Can I still upgrade?

If not, is there no solution?

Thanks,

Steve.

• An upgrade from a free version to a paid version is not possible.

BitDefender Free edition is an on-demand scanner so it's normal to receive that message from Windows.

• 1) I first had the WSC message that BitDefender AV was turned off.

2) I followed the instructions at "What to do when WSC reports BitDefender Antivirus is turned off"...

Checked that BD blocked virus

Turned off WSC and WMI

Deleted the folder "Repository" at: Win..\Sys..32\wbem\

Rebooted (I was logged in as Administrator)

3) After reboot WSC says "Windows did not find AV software on this computer"

Note:

Windows 7 SP1 and BD AV Pro 2011

Any suggestions on what to do next?

• Mihaela M.
    edited March 2011

Hi PhillyAcct,

Issues with our 2011 version have to be posted HERE.

Thank you!