Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe High Cpu Usage

Options

my comp has the following configuration

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name CADWIZ-1

System Manufacturer INTEL_

System Model D945GCR_

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~2394 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. NL94510J.86A.0025.2008.0107.1543, 1/7/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory D:\WINDOWS

System Directory D:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

User Name CADWIZ-1\CADWIZ

Time Zone India Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 2.34 GB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.95 GB

Page File Space 6.32 GB

Page File D:\pagefile.sys

please help. my CPU stalling due to high CPU use by vsserv exe.

Add me to the list of those experiencing high CPU usage from vsserv.exe. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• by the way i am using bit defender total security 2010

• nikki605
    edited November 2010
    Options

Do you have any other security software programs installed or recently uninstalled? You have posted in the 2011 forum, but then state that you are using BDTS 2010. Could you please confirm which product version you have installed.

Regards,

• i have BDTS 2010 build 13.0.17.343 on my system. sorry i posted in the wrong forum.

Do you have any other security software programs installed or recently uninstalled? You have posted in the 2011 forum, but then state that you are using BDTS 2010. Could you please confirm which product version you have installed.

Regards,

• i did not install or uninstall any security program recently.

i have BDTS 2010 build 13.0.17.343 on my system. sorry i posted in the wrong forum.
  • Thanks for verifying the release you have installed. I will move this topic to the 2010 forum.

I would suggest that you first upgrade to the BD 2011 version which is the current release. That will probably be the first thing tech support will ask you to try as this is the release the developers are actively maintaining. You can upgrade for free if you have a valid license and the PC hardware meets the minimum system requirements, which from what you posted about your system, looks like it should. You can read more about the upgrade HERE and also find the download links.

Before you upgrade, I would recommend that you use the BD Uninstall Tool to remove all traces of the previous install. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove all versions of BD. Re-boot the PC when done.

Regards,

• Thanks for verifying the release you have installed. I will move this topic to the 2010 forum.

I would s######est that you first upgrade to the BD 2011 version which is the current release. That will probably be the first thing tech support will ask you to try as this is the release the developers are actively maintaining. You can upgrade for free if you have a valid license and the PC hardware meets the minimum system requirements, which from what you posted about your system, looks like it should. You can read more about the upgrade HERE and also find the download links.

Before you upgrade, I would recommend that you use the BD Uninstall Tool to remove all traces of the previous install. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove all versions of BD. Re-boot the PC when done.

Regards,

I also have high CPU usage from vsserv from time to time. If the answer is to completely uninstall and then install your newest product, that tells me the current product is broken. Is that what you are saying?

If it is not what you are saying, then I have a couple of questions:

1. What is this process doing? It is not responding to anything I am doing on the keyboard or with the mouse (it will crank up while I am idle); it is not responding to incoming port scans (I'm behind a firewall); I would like to know, in general, just what it is doing that is eating up my CPU. (I care more, of course, when I am trying to get something done, I've just noticed it will start when I am not.)

2. Is there a way to limit what it is doing at times when I would like the CPU for something? There are times when things run so slowly that I can get 10-15 characters ahead just typing; when there isn't enough CPU left to echo characters in a text window, the CPU is seriously busy.

I am running Windows XP, 2002, SP2, 1G Ram. Bitdefender Antivirus 2010 13.0.21

• Hi rcook,

Be informed that we made the 2011 version more stable and all the bugs from the previous version has been solved into it. The issue you have may be caused by an incompatibility between our software and your system or you may use a product which could conflict with ours. For this reason, I kindly ask you to let me to investigate your situation and to send me a reply to the e-mail I sent you. I will contact you when I will find a solution for you.

Thank you!