Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2011 Interrupting Downloads

Options

Hello,

I seem to have an issue with Bitdefender 2011, all my large downloads become interrupted before they finish, and I cannot resume them. I've tried using download utilities/accelerators and they all do the same. I also disabled every feature in bitdefender and I still get the same interruption. After I remove bitdefender from my system I no longer have this problem, and as soon as I re-install bitdefender this problem appears again. This has been tested on two seperate systems and they both do the same exact thing, usually cut out early or late into the download and will not let me resume. On a 4gb linux distribution iso, the program cuts out at 386mb, and sometimes at 2.2gb. I have tried downloading many different things that are large 2gb+ and still have that issue. None of my HDD's are lacking space and I was able to download the same files from the same links after I uninstalled BitDefender. I did not have this issue with BitDefender 2011, and I reformatted my PC's before I moved over to BitDefender 2011 so there was a clean install of everything. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

Muta

Comments

• Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• DonK
    Options

Was this resolved? I appear to be having the same problem. I get to about the 2.5 gig point on a download, and then I start dropping a high number of packets and the download grinds to a halt.

• I installed BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 this morning, and I have the same problem since then. I can no longer download files, the download always stops in the middle, sometimes after 200 MB, sometimes after 2 GB... Everything was working fine before I installed BD 2011, and nothing else has been changed on my computer.

It is very annoying. If this problem cannot be solved, I want to revert to BitDefender Antivirus v10. I had no problem with this old version...

Please help!

• Hello all,

Please try to disable the "Scan web (http) traffic" from Expert View > Antivirus module > Custom Level. If this doesn't help please try to:

- open BitDefender in Expert View > go to Update module > uncheck Automatic Update is enabled

- reboot in Safe Mode

-browse to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- search for httproxy.dll and rename it

- restart in Normal mode and check if the downloads complete successfully

Note: in order to rename it back you can simply run a new update and it will replace the renamed dll file with a valid one

If you can download large files after renaming the dll file, as a workaround, you can add an exception for your an internet browser following this procedure.

Note: the example is given for Mozilla Firefox. If you want to add a different browser type the exact path of the executable file in the Value Data.

Thank you,

Carmen