Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Worst Ever?

Options

I purchased a BDTS 2010 2 year license. What a mistake.

For the first few days it seemed to work flawlessly but then there was an update and things changed.

I have NEVER had less dependable software. This software has more bugs than windows 95 lol.

My BDTS is more often than not crashed due to vsserv.exe.

Often my network/internet connectivity is just nonexistent.

The updates often soak up all my cpu resources.

I'm guessing that there are many more displeased customers out there. Likely all of them. Will BD give us our money back? They may say that I have used a significant portion of my license but honestly, the software is crashed more than it is running.

This is a shame. BD products used to be good.

Please, everyone chime in!

Mark

Comments

• 1) Every antimalware products could have bugs and bad updates.

2) Give information on your O.S, processor, memory, include them in your profile to spare time to you and BD helpers.

3) Update as thoroughly as possible your system drivers.

4) Do you have genuine soft? A cautious surf on the web?

A BD expert will answer you soon probably.

• Hi markman34,

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our product. Instructions on how to further investigate the issue you encounter were sent to your email address. Please send me the requested log file and you will have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Thank you!

• music-seed
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I purchased a BDTS 2010 2 year license. What a mistake.

For the first few days it seemed to work flawlessly but then there was an update and things changed.

I have NEVER had less dependable software. This software has more bugs than windows 95 lol.

I'm guessing that there are many more displeased customers out there. Likely all of them. Will BD give us our money back? They may say that I have used a significant portion of my license but honestly, the software is crashed more than it is running.

Mark

I have never had problems with BitDefender products, I bought Internet Security 2010 and recently installed the software, and was so happy and extremely satisfied with Total Security 2009, that would never consider any other internet security vendors

• I purchased a BDTS 2010 2 year license. What a mistake.

Mark

Bitdefender Total security isnot the worst av ever ,But since the 2008 Version it hasnot gotten better ,that I DO agree with you.

Every version was/is full of Bugs or isnot compatable with lots of official Software while other AV products have no problem,for example Norton,

I use only 1 License while I have 3 !,

that says enough......

• Hi,

kungfu: Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us. At BitDefender, we strive to deliver both high quality products and support, and we trust that we will continue to offer them both to you.

music-seedling: We know that we have some bugs but in every day we are working on them and please note that usually when you use more than one security solutions on the same computer, the system may become unstable. This happens because all security solutions try to scan a file whenever one is accessed but they cannot do it at the same time, so this causes either slowdowns or crashes.

Thank you again!

• I’ve been through the support hoops. No help whatsoever. Reinstall, reinstall, reinstall. Blaming other software. Blaming everything but their sub-par product. Constantly putting this responsibility on my shoulders?

You want a log file? From what machine? From what intstall? I have installed this crap at least 10 times on three different machines. from the genuine disk and from the BD download page. How much time would you like me to spend deb######ing 'your' product that I paid for?

Am I not the customer and you're the programmers?

I have this crappy software running on three machines and guess what? All three installs ######. Crashed more often than not.

I have updated one machine to the 2011 suite. (I wonder why they are offering that for free? huh?) to test it's reliability. We'll see how that goes.

I repeat. I do believe that BDTS2010 'IS' the worst software I have ever used. To all of you satisfied customers, lucky you.

I'd like my money back please.

Mark

• Hi markman34,

Regarding your refund request, be informed that it has been escalated to our sales department and they will contact you via E-mail. We recommend to our customers to upgrade for FREE to the 2011 version because we made it more stable and all the bugs from the previous versions has been solved into it. In case you do not want to use BitDefender 2010 and you are interested in using the new released version, in the link bellow you can see the system requirements for it and also the necessary steps you need in order to install it:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20941

In case you want to continue with BitDefender 2010, please reply me to the e-mail I sent you. You can generate the support tool on both PC's which are using the previous version.

Thank you!

• So I upgraded to 2011 as it seemed impossible to run 2010.

Noticed slight improvement with the stability of vsserv and connectivity although it still crashes far too often.

Now I can not see any BD icon on the systray.

More bugs after more bugs.

Do you guys make software that DOES work anymore?

And, apparently, I can not get my money back for this crappy software. However, they did offer me a 4 month extension on using their software that does not work. Thanks a Bunch!

Quite literally, an absolute waste of money.

Disgraceful.

• Hi markman34,

Be informed that I sent you via e-mail a solution for the encountered situation. For any other issue you have with our 2011 version, please post HERE.

Thank you!