Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Im Encryption Doesn't Work With Windows Live.

Options

Hi there, I'm using Bitdefender Total Protection 2011 and recently I upgraded my Windows Live IM and from that moment on Bitdefender doesn't secure and encrypt the conversation even when the setting is turned on.

This is the details of the Windows live version.

Version 2011 Build 15.4.3502.922

Can you please help me to get the windows live encryption run again. Thank you.

Comments

• Hello,

How you come to the conclusion that the Encryption is not working ? Have you made any tests ? If yes, what exactly have you tested ? Please reproduce the steps you took.

Also tell me what Windows version are you using and what PC architecture (32-bits / 64-bits).

• Hello,

How you come to the conclusion that the Encryption is not working ? Have you made any tests ? If yes, what exactly have you tested ? Please reproduce the steps you took.

Also tell me what Windows version are you using and what PC architecture (32-bits / 64-bits).

Dan Usually if its encrypted it will notify both parties that The encryption is now encrypted. There is no status message at all when I start the conversation. Its like a usual conversation. I'm using Windows Vista 32bit.

• Dan Usually if its encrypted it will notify both parties that The conversation is now encrypted. There is no status message at all when I start the conversation. Its like a normal conversation. I'm using Windows Vista 32bit. This is the one feature that I love a lot in Bitdefender.
  • Hello,

Finally back :) John what Windows Live Meseenger version are you using ? I have tested with Windows Live Messenger version 2011 Build 15.4.3502.922

Please confirm that you are using the same version or an older one.

• Hello,

Finally back :) John what Windows Live Meseenger version are you using ? I have tested with Windows Live Messenger version 2011 Build 15.4.3502.922

Please confirm that you are using the same version or an older one.

Sorry for the late reply Dan, I almost forgot about this. Yes I'm using the same build. 15.4.3502.922 I don't get any indication that Bitdefender is encrypting the Instant messenger. I really need this up and running. Please help. Thank you :D Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Dan and all you guys at Bitdefender. Keep up the good work.

• The encryption doesn't work if you only have BitDefender installed and the module enabled but the other person that you chat with doesn't have it installed or doesn't have the module active.

Please provide me with the following info so I can conduct some tests and see if I can reproduce the issue:

- the OS on the two PCs you tested the encryption on;

- the BitDefender products installed on each of the two PCs;

- the PC architecture (32-bits / 64-bits);

- the Live Messenger version on each of the two PCs;

Last but not least I would like to thank you for the warm wishes and I wanna wish you all the best for the new year to come.

Yours,

• hello Dan

I'm facing the same problem

I'm using :

- windows live messenger 2011 build 15.4.3508.1109

- windows 7 x64

I remember when I was using bitdefender 2010 and messenger 9 the encryption was enabled and working well

but now I don't see bitdefender encryption icon in messenger that I saw before

please help me

thanks

• Hello,

I have created a ticket on your behalf and sent instructions via email on how to further investigate this matter. Your ticket ID is: 201104061007159. Please send me the requested info and you'll have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Kind regards,