Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Shows Virus During Scanning But Cannot Be Removed?

Options

hi..

yesterday i installed bitdefender antivirus 2008(evaluation ver.). i installed it and updated...and during deep scan it shows around 4-5 infections like Trojan.Starter.AEO ,etc. but show that these files or viruses cannot be removed 'coz these are part of archives.

what to do? how to remove infections from my pc.

previously i used Mcafee and Etrust antivirus pdts. and really amazed with them...but as some of my friends suggestions to use Bitdefender i try evaluation ver. before buying the full version...but if this cannot remove infections (others do it effectively)by its own which could be a harm to pc then why to buy it.

any suggestions or advice ..

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello aaru

You have to delete these archives manually. Because BitDefender can't rebuild it without the infected files.

That is also the same when it's located in an installer or in a mail archive. No antivirus can rebuild it afterwards. BitDefender only deletes or tries to delete the infections other antiviruses delete the entire archive. Or you can move them to quarantaine by selecting the action. You have to temporary disable the realtime protection otherwise you will not be able to delete these archives because BitDefender blocks access to these archives. Double click on the red BitDefender icon press on settings,uncheck realtime protection and choose for 5 minutes and delete now the archives.

Best regards

Niels