Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Problem, Grey Bd-icon

Options

Hi

Everytime i turn on my PC, after a while BD stops working, my PC becomes very slow and i cant acces internet anymore (im on my phone now)

I have no idea what to do

Would re-installing help ?

BTW Sorry for my english im still learning it

Comments

• BD Tech-support ??

• Assuming you still have BD installed, reproduce the problem and follow the steps in this procedure to have BD tech support investigate further:

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Hello,

Jon please do not spam. Be kindly informed that the average response time is 48 hours. Follow the steps Gary advised you then send me the PM with the download link so we can start troubleshooting the issue you encounter.

Looking forward to your answer!

• I have tried to run the Supporttool for several times but it never finish

What now ?...

• I have tried to run the Supporttool for several times but it never finish

What now ?...

If the SupportTool will not finish, then we need to back up a step and run a standalone diagnostic program. Please follow the procedure below to generate different log files for BD tech support to investigate:

1. Download this file: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR' and will be located in the same folder where you ran sysdump.exe from.

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your problem symptoms. Also provide any other relevant configuration information.

Depending on their workload, it may take several days for them to respond.

Regards,

• If the SupportTool will not finish, then we need to back up a step and run a standalone diagnostic program. Please follow the procedure below to generate different log files for BD tech support to investigate:

1. Download this file: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR' and will be located in the same folder where you ran sysdump.exe from.

6. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your problem symptoms. Also provide any other relevant configuration information.

Regards,

Is it necessary to run it while BD-icon is grey, or can i also run it while its still active ?

• Is it necessary to run it while BD-icon is grey, or can i also run it while its still active ?

No, you can just run the sysdump.exe at any time.

Happy Holidays,

• Hi Jon,

I have received the logs you sent me however I do believe that we need to further investigate. I will need from you a log created with the Autoruns tool provided by Microsoft as explained in the email I sent you. I created a ticket on your behalf with the ID: 201012291009061. Please check your email associated with your forum account and send me the requested info.

You will have my reply as soon as the analysis will be complete.

Kind regards,

• I have replied to the email and attached the wanted files.

Jon

• Hi Jon,

Happy New Year !!

I have received your email. I have noticed from the logs you sent me that you have several reported errors with some of the drivers installed on your PC. There are drivers still installed on your PC however the files are not present in your PC anymore. I do believe that I can assist you and resolve the gray icon issue. However we will need to uninstall BitDefender, clean your PC then reinstall BitDefender.

I have sent you via email, in response to the ticket you have open with us (ID: 201012291009061), details on how to continue troubleshoot.

Regards,

• Answered your email, with some questions

• Reply sent with the answer to all your questions.

Please check your email.

Kind regards,

• Reply sent via email

• Problem Solved :D

Thanks for the support, Daniel

Jonathan

• It became grey again :(

• Jonathan please right click on BitDefender icon next to your PC clock and select Update Now. Install the latest product updates and you will be asked to restart the PC. Do so then keep BitDefender under observation and let me know if the issue persist. If so, please tell me what were you doing at that time on the PC and try to reproduce it.

Also I kindly ask for a new set of logs generated using Support Tool file inside BitDefender installation folder.

Regards,

• Sorry for the late reply first of all

Ive just updated BD, and afer it said that the latest update was succesfully insalled, it became grey...

Im now rebooting my PC and will try it again.

About the bd-tool logs

Because its needed to run the tool when the icon is grey, the tool doesnt work. It never finish

I might be able to fully complete the tool when the icon is still red, but i suppose thats not usefull?

• Ive installed the latest update succesfully, (checked again and there was no update) however it didnt ask me to reboot my PC,

so i rebooted it myself, then i checked for update, and there was again an update available.

I did this for about 4 times.

Something else

I've sent (via email) a picture of an error message that i get when doing a full system scan. (which i cannot fully complete)

• Some evaluation

The grey-icon problems happens less, but its not completly solved

I still cant complete a system scan

• Sadly, as it is for today

The problem is again very frequent

Ive ran the CCleaner some days ago, and everytime i start my pc, i first check for bd-updates and after i installed them i use my pc

Its really annoying as i need my pc for school...

• Sorry for the late reply first of all

Ive just updated BD, and afer it said that the latest update was succesfully insalled, it became grey...

Im now rebooting my PC and will try it again.

About the bd-tool logs

Because its needed to run the tool when the icon is grey, the tool doesnt work. It never finish

I might be able to fully complete the tool when the icon is still red, but i suppose thats not usefull?

@Jon... I would recommend that you go ahead and run the SupportTool when the BD icon is red and send the results to DanyDan. There may still be some useful information for BD tech support in the log files.

Regards,

• Tried to run the BD-tool while the icon is red, but it didnt worked either.....

• Can you please elborate what you mean by "didn't worked?" Did it just hang and not finish, or did you get an error message? If you got an error message, please post the screen shot in your reply.

Regards,

• it never finish, ive waited for like 2 hours and nothin happens

• OK, thanks for explaining what happens. Try this instead - please follow the procedure below to have BD tech support investigate your issue further.

Regards,

• Hi,

I've sent those files to Danny, and i was wondering if you guys are still looking for a solution.

i know it can take some time, but previous times i havnt had to wait for that time

Jon

• *push*