Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Difference Between V10 And 2009 Free Editions?

Options

What are the differences between v10 Free and 2009 Free? I've been unable to find an anwser to this.

I don't know where else to post this question and didn't know if I should post in 2009 or Old products. Sorry if it's the wrong forum.

Comments

• Zellon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What are the differences between v10 Free and 2009 Free? I've been unable to find an anwser to this.

I don't know where else to post this question and didn't know if I should post in 2009 or Old products. Sorry if it's the wrong forum.

Really... I guess I should ask what's new in 2009. I just want to know what's truly different between the two. Do they have different engines or are they simply meant for different Windows versions (V10 for XP and back, 2009 for XP and forward)? I just want a nice and simple on-demand scanner. V10 seems to be simpler than 2009, but if 2009 is truly better I would it instead.

I think with the question the way it was... someone would just say, "2009 is newer and better, you should use it instead.". Then I'd have to ask the question a different way anyway.

I have XP SP2, by the way.

• Well,the single and most important difference is the scan engine that's more efficient in virus removal than v10.

• I guess that answers my question. That'd be a pretty important difference. Important enough to use 2009. Thank you. ^_^

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

• I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

What information do you need and why do you say I am wrong?

Thank you.

• What are the differences between v10 Free and 2009 Free? I've been unable to find an anwser to this.

I've been using 2009 and see no reason to upgrade. Mine still works great.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

That is an old post, the situation was resolved.

Thank you!