Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Services Not Responding Windows 7 64 Bit

Options

I have a brand new laptop running Windows 7 64bit. I installed BitDefender Total Security 2011. Around ten times in the short time I have owned my computer the computer slowed way down and BitDefender reports a message saying that BitDefender services had stopped responding. Rebooting the computer fixes the problem, but it keeps happening. Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ASUS G53J

Windows Premium 64 bit

Intel Core i7 CPU 1.73GHz

6 GB Memory

Comments

• Please follow the instructions posted by DanyDan of BD tech support in this topic (second post) to submit the log files for investigation.

Regards,

• Please follow the instructions posted by DanyDan of BD tech support in this topic (second post) to submit the log files for investigation.

Regards,

Thank you for your response. I tried what you suggested and was told by DanyDan that I needed to create a new topic first. I have already ran the support tool and have the resulting file waiting to send to someone.

• shrek101
    edited January 2011
    Options

I too am having problems with Bitdefender 2011 having decided to do a fresh install of windows7 64bit today and reinstall bitdefender. I find once again after few hours internet security 2011 grays out in taskbar and occasionally computer slows down and internet doesn't work as well

I am getting fed up of this now

I sent a report in thanks using this url

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry92089

• Hi,

bhallbussys: you haven't sent me the download link for the logs. Please upload the support tool file HERE then send me a PM with the download link so I can analyze the logs and provide you with the resolution.

@shrek101: off topic. Considering it is your first post, I will not warn you. Please create a new topic, explain the situation then send me the logs. You can find the steps explained below:

1.Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

2. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

3. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

4. A file will be created on your desktop. Please upload that file HERE

5. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link along with the topic you started.

• bhallbussys: Brian I am still waiting for your PM. Please upload the logs you generated to the link below:

http://www.sendspace.com

When the upload is complete you will be given a download link and one to delete the uploaded file. Send me via PM (Private Message) the download link from the Sendspace website. You can also use http://www.rapidshare.com or other website you may be familiar with.

• bhallbussys: Brian I am still waiting for your PM. Please upload the logs you generated to the link below:

http://www.sendspace.com

When the upload is complete you will be given a download link and one to delete the uploaded file. Send me via PM (Private Message) the download link from the Sendspace website. You can also use http://www.rapidshare.com or other website you may be familiar with.

I send the info to you on Jan 17 2011. Any update?

• Hello,

I have created a ticket on your behalf with the ID: 201101221004933. Instructions on how to further investigate and the additional info I need were sent via email.

Looking forward to your answer!

• I've had this problem since installing BD 2011, had no problem at all with 2010. Sometimes a reboot after manually updating the antivirus works but not always

Support file uploaded, PM sent with location.

• Daniel can you let me know if you recieved my PM as there is nothing showing in my Sent folder!

• Daniel can you let me know if you recieved my PM as there is nothing showing in my Sent folder!

Just a quick note - by default, the forum software does NOT save a copy of sent messages in the sent folder. Next time you compose a message, look just above the Send Message button in the Options section. There you will find a checkbox to save a copy of the message in the sent folder, if that's what you want to do.

Regards,

• Just a quick note - by default, the forum software does NOT save a copy of sent messages in the sent folder. Next time you compose a message, look just above the Send Message button in the Options section. There you will find a checkbox to save a copy of the message in the sent folder, if that's what you want to do.

Regards,

I just realised that one Gary after sending for a second time, you might have the file twice now ;)

• Just booted up my machine and this has happened yet again. This time no account was created, all my Antivirus settings where unticked, no scan engine was showing.

It took a manual update, 3 reboots and manually resetting everything to get it going again :(

I also have this running on my wifes PC running Windows XP Pro 32bit and it seems to have no problems at all.

Has anyone looked at my log files yet and found a solution?

I'm at the stage of ditching this altogether now as I just don't know whether or not it's even running let alone protecting my system.

• Hello,

Same problem here! I've already sent the log file and waiting for response. Is there any way to fix it??

• Hello,

Same problem here! I've already sent the log file and waiting for response. Is there any way to fix it??

Hello, I had the same problem, I opened a ticket for tech support, and they told me to turn off the AVC (Active Virus Control) feature:

Please go to Options and choose Expert View.

Go to the Antivirus module -> Advanced settings -> uncheck "Active Virus Control is enabled.

Please restart the computer and let us know if the situation persists.

I did just that and I'm waiting to see if it happens again, I hope not because it is really annoying to keep restarting the system each time BD Services stop working..

• Nightgaunt
    edited January 2011
    Options

It's been 5 days now since sending in my log files, is anyone looking at this and more importantly do you have a fix yet?

Turning off a feature is not a fix in my view :(

• It's been 5 days now since sending in my log files, is anyone looking at this and more importantly do you have a fix yet?

I agree, what's the use of a feature if it doesn't work? in my case, since I turned off the AVC feature I haven't experienced the problem yet, but I hope there is a future fix for this problem, as I constantly try new software, I need the best protection available.

• I agree, what's the use of a feature if it doesn't work? in my case, since I turned off the AVC feature I haven't experienced the problem yet, but I hope there is a future fix for this problem, as I constantly try new software, I need the best protection available.

I can't even turn it off because i can't bring up the dashboard! The only thing that works is 'Update Now', 'Help' and 'About' ..... what is going on!!??

• Hello,

It's been 5 days now since sending in my log files, is anyone looking at this and more importantly do you have a fix yet?

- disable a feature is a temporary workaround until the permanent fix is released. How can we know what exactly is causing an issue if we don't have the support of the users to test the workaround we propose on the affected machines ? As already mentioned, I did the full logs generated, as explained in the email I've sent you this morning;

Raul: I am positive that your PC will be safe without having the AVC option enabled for few days so please have patience and a permanent fix will be released. Then you can re-enable AVC (I, for one, I keep that option disabled on my home PC as I consider it - again personal opinion - useless for what I use the PC for).

MattK: If you double click on the BitDefender icon on the Desktop, the BitDefender Security Center is not displayed ? How about if you right click on the icon on the desktop and select Open ? Do you receive an error when trying the steps above ?

Regards,