Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdts 2011 And Actual Window Manager

Options

Hi,

2 or 3 weeks ago, DanyDan connected on my PC because I had problems with BDTS 2011:

Everytime a pop-up window appeared from BD asking to allow a software to connect on the internet, the "Anonymous User Report" window opened 30, 40 or 50 times at once and it was almost impossible to close it.

DanyDan connected on my PC but he could not find where the problem was.

Since then, I have formatted my PC, installed Windows 7 64 (I had 32 before) and the issue reappeared again today. BUT, I think I know where the problem is:

The issue appeared again, only after reinstalling "Actual Window Manager". Website: http://www.actualtools.com/windowmanager/

THis software adds buttons on title bars to do tasks, like roll the window, always on top, transparency, positionning etc....

BD doesn't seem to interact well with this software. When I uninstall Actual Window Manager, BD works well.

Can a fix be found for this? Thnx

Comments

• Unknown
    edited January 2011
    Options

Hello Tierix,

I have installed the software above and noticed it has a start-up entry being added at installation. Also the function to support system utilities is known to increase the boot time and modify your PC as shown in the screenshot.

I escalated the information to the respectful department by re-opening the ticket ID: 201012031011226. As soon as I receive the answer with the results I will let you know.

post-20064-1294564210_thumb.jpg

• thank you.

I haven't installed the support for system utilities for the same reason you mentionned. It is not installed.

thanks for your help

• Hello Tierix,

I have sent you the new version of the file causing the issue you encounter, popup.dll. Follow the instructions sent in the email (ticket ID: 201012031011226) and let me know if the issue still persist.

Regards,

• Dark Wizard
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hello Tierix,

I have sent you the new version of the file causing the issue you encounter, popup.dll. Follow the instructions sent in the email (ticket ID: 201012031011226) and let me know if the issue still persist.

Regards,

Can you send me this modified version of popup.dll? because I'm having the same exact issue with Actual Windows Manager using BitDefender IS 2011.

My E-Mail is: darkwzrd1@aol.com

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums.

Actually there is another solution to this.

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=210&id=42

Thank you. Have a great week!

• Dark Wizard
    edited April 2012
    Options

Welcome to the forums.

Actually there is another solution to this.

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=210&id=42

Thank you. Have a great week!

I've tried BitDefender IS 2012 and experienced some performance issues, especially during boot. That's why I reverted back to BitDefender IS 2011, plus it's a more matur.e product. It absolutely works perfect on my Dell Laptop.

Is there any other work arounds? This issue only occurs when BitDefender detects an event and a popup occurs. When this happens it (also) brings up the dialog to "Anonymous User Report". You then need to "Decliine" and then right click and "Close All" on Windows Taskbar to stop it from constantly opening 40-50 dialogs.

It would be much appreciated if you could supply me with a modified version of popup.dll

Note: Next time this occurs I'm going to exclude "Anonymous User Report" popup (even though its disabled in BitDefender) in Actual Windows Manager and see if it resolves the issue.

• Dark Wizard
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I've tried BitDefender IS 2012 and experienced some performance issues, especially during boot. That's why I reverted back to BitDefender IS 2011, plus it's a more matur.e product. It absolutely works perfect on my Dell Laptop.

Is there any other work arounds? This issue only occurs when BitDefender detects an event and a popup occurs. When this happens it (also) brings up the dialog to "Anonymous User Report". You then need to "Decliine" and then right click and "Close All" on Windows Taskbar to stop it from constantly opening 40-50 dialogs.

It would be much appreciated if you could supply me with a modified version of popup.dll

Note: Next time this occurs I'm going to exclude "Anonymous User Report" popup (even though its disabled in BitDefender) in Actual Windows Manager and see if it resolves the issue.

Excluding "Anonymous User Report" doesn't work. So I uninstalled Actual Windows Manager 7.0 and installed a older version of Actual Title Buttons 6.7 (what I previously used) and the issue only seems to occur periodically. I still would appreciate a solution to this issue... I shouldn't have to uninstall a product I purchased due to do a "bug" in BitDefender IS 2011.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried to create exclusions for that software?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30243

Take care.

• Dark Wizard
    edited April 2012
    Options

I have figured out a solution. An exclusion has to entered into Actual Title Buttons (or Actual Windows Manager) in this configuration (provided in the attachment below) to prevent "Anonymous Usage Report" from being triggered due to a BitDefender Popup Event.

post-102757-1333832310_thumb.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Those are great news.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.