Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

PC Crashes With BSOD During Scan

Options

Hi, I also have the same problem. I'm using win 7 64-bit, I've searched the forum and found someone else with the same problem http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=23088 also win 7 64-bit.

Can someone have this resolve quickly? I've always been using fee anti-viirus with no issues til today, I paid for bitdefender and finally, I cause myself problems for installing a paid anti-vrus. Xtremely disappointed....

- brand new computer purchased 3 days ago

- uninstalled previously installed free anti-virus and also cleaned up using cclean

Problems- Even while installing, it crashes when running quick scan, i checked online and discovered I can install skipping the quick scan. Now, bitdefender crashes whenever I try to scan, both full and quick scan, BLUE SCREEN!

HELP!!

Comments

• You have posted in the 2010 product forum and referenced a link that points to a topic in the 2011 forum. Which product do you have installed? You need to stick with one or the other and it would be best to use the 2011 product since that is the version the BD developers are actively maintaining.

If you can stay with the 2011 product, I will move your post to it's own topic in that forum.

Regards,

• Hi, I'm using version 2011

• OK, thanks. :) I have moved your posts to it's own topic in the 2011 forum where it will get the proper attention.

Regards,

• Now I'm starting to experience slow internet usage...... i have to wait for bitdefender to react(!, ticks on the left of the search results) before i can proceed, and in addition to that, my mozilla firefox will have (not reesponding) for a few secs... I'm paying for the higheest broadband available by my service provider and this?!?! BITDEFENDER!!!!

BTW, I'm running on i-7 950, 12gb ram, win 7 64 bit, tell me if this does justice to my new pc and me, i'm wasting time here! This is no support, it's like i pay to work for bitdefender finding their bugs, make SENSE?!?!

Is it even compatible with win 7 64 bit? is it tested? 7 hrs now since everything happened, i'm devastated!!! And I regret making the purchase!

• I have BD running on 3 of my PCs (see PC specs in my signature) without any of the problems I seen posted here. Each PC's hardware/software configuration is different and sometimes needs to be looked at on a case-by-case basis. :mellow:

I'm pretty sure DanyDan will be back this weekend, so please try to be patient. :)

Regards,

• Puzzled!

Hi! I've resolved my issues with - BD being unable to scan as it'll reboot my pc

- internet speed slowing down

However I'm still puzzled. I created a non-administrator account on win 7 and TADA! It was able scan(full-scan), about 20 viruses detected though, all cleared and I ran the administrator account and full scan again with no issues. Tried the internet opening tabs after tabs consecutively and speed was back to super fast. I'm happy though, but can anyone explain why? Hmmm...

BTW, thanks nikki605, for I'd have given up on DB and un-installed it and installed previously used anti-viruses. However, it'll be best if you could answer the query ^_^

• Hi, my problem came back, only one. When i google something, while mozilla firefox is displaying the results, on the extreme left of the results would be loading the icons, tick, ! or loading. If I try opening new tabs from the results listed while icons are still loading, it'll cause my mozilla firefox to display(not responding) for like a moment before it continues to let me move my mouse or click something. What's that? Is it fixable?

• For some reason, the mozilla firefox will display (not responding) every now and then. pls help

• Also experiencing gray out. This is definitely not working for me, the only REAL PROBLEM I HAVE WITH MY NEW PC IS BD AND PURCHASING IT! I WANT A REFUND!!!

• Hello,

n0ttieham: If you wish to ask for a refund you have to contact my colleague, George R. Click HERE to send him a PM to request starting the refund process.

If you wish to troubleshoot then follow the steps below and send me the log file for analysis. I believe that you encounter these issues because of your PC not being clean. You mentioned that BitDefender found several viruses. Did that scanning finished ? What type of scan was running when the viruses were found ? (Deep system scan, Quick, Full, On Demand etc).

From what I can say at the first look, without any logs, is that BitDefender may not have installed correctly and completely. Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,