Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"the Virus Scan Module Is Unavailable"?

Options

Hi All,

I downloaded (from BD website) and installed BD Antivirus Pro 2011 trial version (version 14.0.24.337, engine 7.35759 ) and activated it using a licence key I bought. It says 365 days left. Update is working. But antivirus->virusscan module says "The Virus Scan module is unavailable". I have chosen expert mode.

Another symptom I noticed today is deep system scan window kept popping out and saying "computing estimated time left" but never do any scan. Cant get rid of the window using stop button which is on the bottom of the window. I can get rid of the window using the window's x (exit) button but the window keep coming back. Quite annoying.

At last, my PC seems quite SLOW now.

My DESKTOP system is Intel C2D E6850, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 32BIT Win7 Home Premium.

any help and advice please,

DG

P.S. Ive been using BD 2010 antivirus for one year until today and there was not problem at all. (tbh, I miss my BD 2010 AV)

Comments

• Do you have any other security programs installed? Or, have you previously uninstalled any other security programs?

Did you use the BD uninstall tool to remove the 2010 version or did you install the 2011 version "over the top" of the 2010 version?

Awaiting your reply,

• Do you have any other security programs installed? Or, have you previously uninstalled any other security programs?

Did you use the BD uninstall tool to remove the 2010 version or did you install the 2011 version "over the top" of the 2010 version?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

No any other security program installed. But I sometimes use ccleaner. My system was somehow crashed few days ago and I formatted my hard drive, installed fresh W7. At that time I know my BDAV 2010 licence had only 3, 4 days left so I decided to go straight for 2011 version of BDAV. Then downloaded and installed BDAV pro 2011 trial which I used for 2 days. And I bought a licence key and activated the trial. So my poor old 2010 has gone during hard drive formatting.

Today Im going to uninstall 2011 and try to reinstall it and see whats gonna happen.

By the way, can I use the 2011 licence key for 2010 version?

Thanks in advance

DG

• gungaabayar
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thanks for your prompt reply.

No any other security program installed. But I sometimes use ccleaner. My system was somehow crashed few days ago and I formatted my hard drive, installed fresh W7. At that time I know my BDAV 2010 licence had only 3, 4 days left so I decided to go straight for 2011 version of BDAV. Then downloaded and installed BDAV pro 2011 trial which I used for 2 days. And I bought a license key and activated the trial. So my poor old 2010 has gone during hard drive formatting.

Today Im going to uninstall 2011 and try to reinstall it and see whats gonna happen.

By the way, can I use the 2011 licence key for 2010 version?

Thanks in advance

DG

UPDATE FOR THIS TOPIC

I just uninstalled the 2011 version and reinstalled it. During the installation I didnt choose "scan my PC if it is idle". Now seems to be OK.

2 symptoms I mentioned early has gone at the moment. Starting to be happy with 2011 pro and trying to forget :rolleyes: my old 2010 version, sorry,

DG,

• Glad you got things straightened out. :) BDAV Pro 2011 is what I have installed on my Win7 Pro x64 laptop and I have not had any major issues. I use the Windows Firewall. I also use CCleaner.

You are better of with the current release (2011) of BD since this release has the latest scan engine and is actively being maintained by the BD development team.

Regards,

• Hello,

Glad to see the issue is now resolved. Please keep in mind that we do not allow posting in caps and with that font size. I have edited your post however, your next post in the same manner will get you a +10% warning. Please read the forum rules ! You can find a link in my signature or by clicking HERE

Kind regards,