Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rescue Cd

Options
Barbara@babrown.com
edited February 2022 in The Archive

I am trying to make a resuce CD. I downloaded bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso and burned it to a CD using "InfraRecorder" and WriteImage as instructed on the BitDefender site. However, I get an error message when trying to boot - ISOlinux:Disk error 32, AX=42F6, drive 9F boot failed. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• I've moved your topic to the Rescue CD forum where it will get the proper attention.

Regards,

• I haven't received a response from BitDefender Support and it's been 4 working days. Anyone know how I can get a rescue disk??? Thanks.

• Several months ago, I downloaded the BD Rescue iso file, burned it to a CD and it boot_s just fine on 2 PCs, so I know the file is good. I used Nero to burn the disk only because I already had it installed on my PC. I assume you followed the procedure in this KB article. I'm sure InfraRecorder works just fine, even though I've not used it myself.

Over the years, I have burned many disks that turned out to be "coasters." The bad disks always turned out to be caused by either the brand of blank media, using a higher write speed or a bad CD burner that I had to replace. I would first suspect one of these causes. This is what I have done in the past when this happened:

1 - Try a different brand of blank disks (use a major brand, I've had good luck with Sony).

2 - Make sure they are the correct type and speed for your CD burner - CD-R or CD+R.

3 - If InfraRecorder has an option for write speed, use a lower than max burn speed - 4X or 8X.

4 - Lastly, if the above doesn't help, try a different CD burner on a different PC.

Hopefully, this information will help.

Regards,

• I don't think the CD is bad. I can open it in Explorer and see all the files and can even open the files.

It just won't boot - I get the error message.

There are two files in the root directory: md5sum.txt and README.diskdefines

There are 4 directories: casper, docs, install and isolinux.

• Yes, that is the same file/folder structure I see on my disk, but seeing the files & folders does NOT mean that they are all readable. As I said, I've had this happen to me many times (I hate burning disks for this reason).

Have you tried booting it on another PC?

Using Windows Explorer, select all the files and folders you mentioned and try copying them to your hard drive to see if they can all be read from the CD and written to the hard drive.

I would still recommend trying what I listed in my last post.

Regards,

• I have tried 3 different cd's, 3 different burners, 2 kinds of software. I tried booting on 3 different computers (an HP desktop, an Acer laptop, and a home/custom built desktop).

I got an email from bitdefender saying the error message referred to a hard drive issue but why the same issue on 3 computers? I'm at a loss but at least my 2010 version of bitdefender works. That's their original disk, it wasn't a download.

Thanks anyway for your time.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Did you do a checksum on the ISOs before you burnt them?

Select "Verify written data" option before burning the ISO. Try this also, swap the HDD and CD Burner cable.

• weis
    Options
    I am trying to make a resuce CD. I downloaded bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso and burned it to a CD using "InfraRecorder" and WriteImage as instructed on the BitDefender site. However, I get an error message when trying to boot - ISOlinux:Disk error 32, AX=42F6, drive 9F boot failed. Any help would be appreciated.

I have got a problem like this. Still trying to solve...(Only using x-boot - multiboot disc software).