Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Blocking Ventrilo When Rules Allow All?

Options

Hello all,

So after putting up with services not responding day after day, fake alerts from a google source code during web browsing, and now this latest problem I have basically had it with this software. I use ventrilo to talk to my buddies while I game. I have bd isec installed on both machines I own. I one, my ventrilo program works fine. On this machine, Bit Defender firewall blocks one of the servers that I get on. On another server this problem does not happen. Why would bit defender block packets of ventrilo for one server but not another. I have tried to create firewall rules allowing all communication but it does nothing. I know its bit defender blocking the packets since as soon as I turn the firewall of things work fine. Can anyone help me figure out how to tell Bit Defender to let through ventrilo? This software has cost me so much time trying to fix its problems I think I am owed even more than a refund at this point.

Unsatisfied customer who tells everyone how bad Bit Defender is,

Jeff Zimmer

Comments

• Update,

Apparently BD is blocking UDP on port 6100 from what I have googled. Adding rules does nothign to remedy this problem.

*Setting BD firewall to allow all does NOT work either, however turning it off altogether Does......?

Why would this work that way?

• I am getting this same issue. I have to be in game mode in order to use it. Please let us know if there is fix available. Thank you

• Is anyone from BD going to respond to this thread?

• Hello,

I haven't noticed in your 4 posts what BitDefender product nor what Operating System are you using. Before posting please read the Forum rules ! It's impossible for anyone to assist you if you do not provide at least the very basic information about your PC and the issue you encounter.

Please open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View from the Options button. Then go to the Firewall module -> Network tab and tell me what are the settings there for the network adapter you are currently using.

You can post a screenshot in here or simply reply and post the settings.

Regards,

• jeffzz421
    edited February 2011
    Options

For my one and only network adapter my vpn says no, stealth is off, and generic is yes. Running win 7 x64. Running BDIS 2011

• For my one and only network adapter my vpn says no, stealth is off, and generic is yes. Running win 7 x64. Running BDIS 2011

Sure still am waiting for a response after putting up some of my info, whats wrong? Don't have an excuse for more lack of answers?

• Jeff I do not need an excuse as I did nothing wrong to apologize. You should read my posts more carefully. When I asked you for the network adapter I was also expecting the type of adapter. With just some of your info I can not understand completely the issue nor the current situation therefore I can't provide you with an answer.

The network configuration under Firewall -> Network includes the Network Type.

What version of Ventrilo are you using ?

ali@s: Does the issue resolves only when you switch to Game Mode ? How about if you disable Firewall module ?

• jeffzz421
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hello,

I haven't noticed in your 4 posts what BitDefender product nor what Operating System are you using. Before posting please read the Forum rules ! It's impossible for anyone to assist you if you do not provide at least the very basic information about your PC and the issue you encounter.

Please open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View from the Options button. Then go to the Firewall module -> Network tab and tell me what are the settings there for the network adapter you are currently using.

You can post a screenshot in here or simply reply and post the settings.

Regards,

Thats funny!, I NEVER SAW you ask me for my exact adapter information. I simply responded with exactly what you asked for. Anyways since you asked NOW, and not BEFORE, my adapter is a Marvell Yukon 88E8056 Pci-e gigabit ethernet controller. The network type is Home/Office and is says local area connection of course. I am using the newest verson of ventrilo x64. 3.0.7. If there is ANY other info of mine that you need please ask because I do not want to give you guys any excuses for not having to say, I dont know.

• Thats funny!, I NEVER SAW you ask me for my exact adapter information. I simply responded with exactly what you asked for. Anyways since you asked NOW, and not BEFORE, my adapter is a Marvell Yukon 88E8056 Pci-e gigabit ethernet controller. The network type is Home/Office and is says local area connection of course. I am using the newest verson of ventrilo x64. 3.0.7. If there is ANY other info of mine that you need please ask because I do not want to give you guys any excuses for not having to say, I dont know.

Bump.

And yes I did miss the adapter type setting the first time. But since this problem happens on any net type, home our public, and since I put on the title this happens even on allow all mode questions like that seem like stall answers to a non bd support person. So this is why a lot of us feel stalled and ignored. I'm not trying to attack, just let you guys know where the consumer is coming from.

• jeffzz421
    edited February 2011
    Options

Bump....

Oh look at that, almost a month without being any closer to an answer. Another "normal" bug continues.

*** And the longer this thread goes ignored and unsolved simply proves my and many others points.

• Bump....

Oh look at that, almost a month without being any closer to an answer. Another "normal" bug continues.

*** And the longer this thread goes ignored and unsolved simply proves my and many others points.

Bump........

Past the month marker now and no closer to a solution. Is there any more information that I need to give out to get things rolling?

Another non-satisfied customer who feels ripped off.

• Hello,

I am currently testing with Ventrilo 3.0.7 x86 and x64. You mentioned that on one Ventrilo server everything is OK, the issue only occurs on a second server. Can you tell me the port on which that server is set to ? Is it the default port UDP 3784 ?

Can you provide me with the IP of the second server that is 24/7 online so I can perform the tests on connecting to the same server you have issues with ? Also I have checked and indeed your license key was not extended so accept my apologies regarding the compensation mentioned above. With all these questions I am not trying to stall anything, just to understand all the details on the matter.

Your ticket ID is: 201102271008421. Please check your GMail inbox.

Regards,

Regards,