Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Real Time Protection Is Disabled And Cannot Enable

Options

I can boot up my machine and BD will report as “PROTECTED No issues are effecting the status of this PC” but then I go into update on the BD panel and my virus signatures will indicate “0” and my engine version will be blank. I try to update at this point and it can go up to 80K without finishing. I then reboot and BD reports my real time protection is disabled and it fails when I try to enable it. I also cannot disable it. My virus scan module will also report as “unavailable”. This may be a simplification with this issue but it is as if my BD AV “loses” the virus signatures and engine version and then will somehow “find” it. I was running BD 2010 on this machine with no issues and was happy with the product so I purchased a 2011 license and this problem appeared. I also upgraded directly from BD 2010 to BD 2011. I have tried numerous repair installs and uninstalling/reinstalling this product to no avail.

I have attached 4 screenshots of this issue with explanations at the top of each as this issue evolves. (These are after I reboot after noticing that my BD AV is not working)

There is currently a ticket on this issue with BD [Ticket ID:201101051002983] that I have not received a response to since 1/17/11. I sent all the required/requested information to properly troubleshoot this issue. I do not feel I am more important than any other BD customer but I desperately need a resolution to this matter as I do a lot of work online and not having a properly working AV renders this IS worthless and I cannot do the kind of work I need to do online on this machine.

Can I please get some direction on this matter? This appears to be a common issue with BD 2011 referring to the link: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20649 but I have yet to find direction and a resolution to this.

Thank you.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=7488" data-fileid="7488" rel="">1stScreenShot.pdf

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=7489" data-fileid="7489" rel="">2ndScreenShot.pdf

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=7490" data-fileid="7490" rel="">3rdScreenShot.pdf

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=7491" data-fileid="7491" rel="">4thScreenShot.pdf

Comments

• Hello ToddB,

First of all I wish to apologize for the late reply. By looking on the logs and pictures you have sent us I noticed that BitDefender was not installed correctly and this is the reason why some modules and features fail to start or run properly.

You should also know that, as previously mentioned many times on this forum, BitDefender enters in conflict with other security solutions installed on your computer, especially the ones with real time processes. Also many system optimization tools and tweaking software have drivers and running processes which could prevent BitDefender from installing properly.

We have sent you an email with step by step instructions on how to solve the issue you are dealing with. Should you need further instructions please reply to our email.

Thank you,

Carmen

• Hello ToddB,

First of all I wish to apologize for the late reply. By looking on the logs and pictures you have sent us I noticed that BitDefender was not installed correctly and this is the reason why some modules and features fail to start or run properly.

You should also know that, as previously mentioned many times on this forum, BitDefender enters in conflict with other security solutions installed on your computer, especially the ones with real time processes. Also many system optimization tools and tweaking software have drivers and running processes which could prevent BitDefender from installing properly.

We have sent you an email with step by step instructions on how to solve the issue you are dealing with. Should you need further instructions please reply to our email.

Thank you,

Carmen

I am having this exact problem also and need a solution please.

• Hi rebarooski,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you contacted us, I created for you the Ticked ID:201102091038558. Please check your e-mail associated with your Forum account, follow the steps I sent you and reply me with all the information I request you.

Thank you!