Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Disable Auto Clean?

Options

I tried BD for 20 minutes and I'm already ###### and disappointed. I had many NIRSOFT password tools installed which are 100% safe applications (see here http://www.nirsoft.net/). On first system scan BD found 7 viruses and deleted all of my NIRSOFT password revealing apps w/o asking my permission!!! WTF?? Not only a false positive, but I could not find any option to cause BD to ask me if I want to delete or quarantine the files... I am sorry for my language but this is totally outrageous!!!

I never had a problem like thus with AVAST. It did not report any of the NIRSOFT apps as maleware

This is a major bug!!

Comments

• nikki605
    edited January 2011
    Options

By default, the first treatment option is to disinfect the file. If BD can't disinfect the file, the second option is to move it to quarantine. Are you sure the files aren't in quarantine? If they are there, you can restore and exclude them from future scans.

Regards,

EDIT: apparantly, Nirsoft knows this happens with many antivirus products based on the nature of their products. I found this page on their website. You will probably have to add their program folders to BD's exclude list.

• Hello EB1000,

I believe you will find the deleted files into the Quarantine and can easily restore them. If you have any software that you are certain about being a false positive please upload the installation kit (executable file) to Sendspace (Click Here) then send me a PM with the download link. If you have more than a single file, please upload them all.

I will pass the files for analysis to the Malware department and, as soon as possible, you will have our analysis results.

Regards,

• putu88
    Options

Hi all.

i search on google and find this thread.

i have same problem with EB100.

i have a file downloaded from net in .rar when i extract that suddenly BD delete it becuse he/she/it detect infect files (not clear what the name of a virus or trojan because BD does not bring the name or type of virus that infects) and can't be disinfect.

i tried to see into quarantine menu but can't find my file a.k.a empty :(

is developer notice about this bug ????

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Putu88,

Please open BitDefender and click on "View Logs" link located on the lower part of the BitDefender Security Center (make sure you switch BitDefender to Expert View from the Options button).

In the new window that open click on Antivirus and you will see something similar as the attached screenshot. Locate the time and the files deleted and tell me:

- the name of the file(s) deleted;

- the name of the infection associated with those files;

I do not consider this as a bug. There are certain files that can cause damage to the PC so, considering this, BitDefender may delete files automatically, without asking. Those files are considered as being a very high threat and it is done to assure the safety of our users and their PCs.

If you believe that a file has been marked as false positive but it's a clean file coming from a genuine source, you can post in the Malware area and my colleagues will analyze your request, providing you with the analysis results as soon as they receive the sample from you.

If you have any further queries don't hesitate to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

post-20064-1309938727_thumb.jpg