Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2011 - Firewall "program Rules" Get Removed / Go Missing / Get Erased

Options

I am finding that my custom Program Rules are going missing from time to time. I am not certain, but I think each time Windows applies updates and each time I reboot. I typically have quite a few rules, and since there is no way to save rules, I have to enter them each time this happens. Is this happening to anyone else? Has anyone found out a solution to this problem?

Comments

• I also have this problem. I have 2 Windows 7 computers. One is 32bit and the other is 64bit. It happens on both but more so on the 64bit computer.

• Unknown
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hello,

Not sure I understand the issue so please try to provide me with as many details as possible. Are you referring to the Firewall rules list ? Please define 'custom Program Rules' and also try to reproduce the steps you take to reproduce the issue. Does the issue also reproduce 100% ? Last but not least, follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

I have the same problem:

I need to change the Firewall rules to use the home-group off Win7:

1/ The local Area Connection needs to be home/office - VPN off - Stealth off - General Yes

2/ I want to add 4 zones to the adapter

These adjustments remain Ok for a few day's and suddenly the extra zone's are removed and settings from point 1 are changed.

I find this very unpleasant because i also get problems with are network printer

Mario

• Hello,

The issue with the Firewall settings resetting after each PC restart is known and we are currently working on a fix. Please explain what issue you encounter related to BitDefender and the network printer.

• Hi, has " the issue with the Firewall settings resetting after each PC restart is known and we are currently working on a fix." Been fixed yet ? I am getting more and more people/clients reporting this to me as a issue.

Thanks

Matt

• nikki605
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hi, has " the issue with the Firewall settings resetting after each PC restart is known and we are currently working on a fix." Been fixed yet ? I am getting more and more people/clients reporting this to me as a issue.

Thanks

Matt

See the resolution in this pinned topic.

Please post your results in that topic so that BD tech support can find all user responses in one place. THANKS! :)

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.