Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Word & Outlook Problem

Options

Hi. My system is an XP SP3 install, with Office 2003. I am running BD Internet Security 2010.

Whenever I launch Word, the system hangs for ~20s, then resumes. If I try to print anything, the application is unresponsive until I DISABLE THE FIREWALL, in BD.

In Outlook, I use Word as my email editor. Whenever Outlook opens Word, both applications freeze for ~20s. If I even so much as hover over the print button then nothing can be done until I TURN OFF THE BD FIREWALL.

I have several printers available through a print server, is BD complaining about this?!

I have added Winword.exe and Outlook.exe to the exceptions list but to no avail. Please help as this is driving me mad.

PaulG

Comments

• Hi Paul_G,

In order to solve the issues you have, I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to know if this new version is compatible with your system. If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you!

• Hi Mihaela,

I have sent you the PM, as requested.

Thanks in advance,

Paul_G

• Hi Paul_Gm,

Be informed that your system is compatible with BitDefender 2011. Access this LINK in order to find out how to install it.

Thank you!

• I ran the install this morning and encountered all sorts of problems, though as soon as the installation had "finished", it gave me an error about "...bitdefender has encountered a critical error and will close with your consent...". I have attached the crash dump output for your perusal.

Also, it asks me to register. However, I cannot register as I get the following error: "The license key you have entered is currently used in the product. You cannot register the product twice with the same key."

Paul_G

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=7574" data-fileid="7574" rel="">BitCrash.txt

• Well, I am amazed. Everything is now working. Thank you.

I still don't know what caused the crash detailed in my previous post but 2011 causes none of the freezing problems suffered in 2010.

Paul_G

• Hi Paul_G,

I am glad to hear that everything in OK with your BitDefender.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you!

• Hi Mihaela,

From your response, I don't know whether you looked at the crash dump I posted in the previous reply - This might be valuable to your tech guys, so please pass it on if you can.

If you need any more info about the crash, please let me know and I can dig out log files etc.

Thanks once again for your help,

PaulG

• Hi Paul_G,

In your last post you mentioned that the 2011 version is working very well on your PC and I thought that you do not need any assistance. For any issue you have with our new released version please open a new topic on BitDefender Forum > English > Home & Home Office Protection > BitDefender 2011 Products.

Thank you!