Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Real Time Protection Disabled And Failed To Start

Options

Hi

Just installed BDTIS 2011 earlied today and cant enable real time protection.

I have read through some of the posts and got some ideas but nothing worked

Its a new Dell Precision M6500 came shipped with macfee but I uninstalled this to put on BD.

No have no protection running need help to sort this out.

Have repaired the installation and have collected information by recreating the problem but cant attach the file please help.

Regards

Dave

Comments

• When you uninstalled McAfee, did you use their uninstall tool to remove all traces of their product? If not, I would recommend that you do and then re-install BD. You can download the McAfee uninstall tool from the link in this pinned topic.

More information about your PC configuration would also help. What OS do you have - WinXP, Vista, Win7? 32-bit or 64-bit? What Microsoft Service Packs (SP), if any, do you have? Do you have any other security program(s) installed? If so, you need to uninstall them, as well.

It sounds like BD did not install correctly or completely, possibly due to leftover traces of McAfee. I would recommend that you do a clean install by first uninstalling all previous traces of BD.

It is best to follow these steps for a clean installation and very important to uninstall any other security software programs with real time protection that you may have installed on your PC:

1. Use the BD uninstall tool described in this pinned topic to remove the current version.

2. Reboot the PC.

3. Download BD 2011 from the appropriate link in this pinned topic.

4. After it has downloaded, run the installation program. If you have Vista or Win7, right-click on the downloaded file and select Run as Administrator.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

6. Reboot the PC.

7. Update the version by right-clicking on the BD icon in the Windows System Tray and selecting Update Now. You can view the Build version by right-clicking on the BD icon in the Windows System Tray and select About to view the Build version. The current Build version should display as 14.0.24.337.

8. You may have to reboot the PC and do an Update Now several times in order to get up to the current Build version.

Let us know if this resolves the issue.

Regards,

• I run through your process and done a complete uninstall and reinstall

now works fine

Thanks

• Hello,

Glad to see the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any further queries you may have.

Kind regards,