Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2011

Options

- BitDefender Internet Security 2011

- Windows XP PRO

I use a java based program from Scottrade to receive streaming stock quotes. After installing Bit Defender I can not connect to the service anylonger.

I've tried to disable the firewall and the AV neither one of these resolves the issue. As soon as I uninstall BDIS2011 the streaming quotes work fine. Is there something else that I need to configure?

I've noticed that I have no incomming or outgoing traffic for the Java Service I'm using. Seems as thought BDIS2011 firewall is blocking traffic even though I disable it.

Comments

• Can you provide the exact name of this program and a download link for it? Is it free or does it have to be purchased? BD tech support may have to download it and install it for testing purposes. Do you get any error messages that you could post?

Regards,

• Can you provide the exact name of this program and a download link for it? Is it free or does it have to be purchased? BD tech support may have to download it and install it for testing purposes. Do you get any error messages that you could post?

Regards,

The name is scottrader Streaming Quotes.

to get it I believe you have to have a traiding account with scottrade. http://www.scottrade.com/ then there is a link https://trading.scottrade.com/home/default.aspx# that you click on to load the java app. BD support might have to contact Scottrade and perhaps they can work something out. Scottrade told me that I have to open port 443 to allow their stream to work. However I figured if I disable the firewall that would do the same thing. I don't want to leave the firewall disabled but since that didn't work I assume something else is wrong. Called BD support in the US and the tech I talked to couldn't figure anything else out. We disabled firewall and AV and that didn't help.

• I've attached a screenshot that shows firewall activity

under the javaw.exe process there are 2 streams that have no inbound

or outbound traffic. I believe these 2 streams are what have to be

connected for the service to work.

Under my firewall settings javaws is set to allow all. For some reason BD is

still not letting the data go through.

post-47533-1297954203_thumb.jpg

• I got a solution after arguing with a bit defender tech support person.

Seems there is a file that prevents some programs from running even if you disable the firewall and the real time protection.

I had to login to windows safe mode in order to rename the file. So once in safe mode go to c: then find the program files folder and bitdefender2011 search the directory for a file called httpproxy.dll rename that file then reboot windows, and everything should work.

• I got a solution after arguing with a bit defender tech support person.

Seems there is a file that prevents some programs from running ....

Wow. First, you shouldn't have to argue with anyone.... Geez, it's jsut a virus scanning program. It's not about saving a loved one. My gawd...

In any case, does renaming this file cause the program to not function properly? In other words, is one still protected now that one has tinkered with its brains?

I use TD Waterhouse and their streaming quotes. I am sure BD isn't going to place $500K in a trading account with TD so that they can get access to the streaming quotes and troubleshoot. I am on my own. Because of BD blocking my https://streaming.tdwaterhouse.ca, I've lost opportunities at thousands of dollars. Had to get it off so I could make a living again.

Will this work for me? I am not up to taking a chance unloading K to put BD back on and try.

• Hello,

safe trader: I do agree with you. BitDefender will not invest in a trading account however we can work this out and resolve it with the help of a user having an account open already. I have also managed to resolve the issues we had with Thinkorswim and Ameritrade so I believe a solution can be found.

What I need from you is to contact TDwaterhouse and ask them the range of IPs they use to connect to the Java platforms. They will give you the IPs then I will provide you with the fix to resolve the connectivity issue you encounter.

shane0917: renaming the httproxy.dll will work however you will need to keep the product updates disabled as BitDefender has a integrity check that will restore the file name so you will have to rename it again.

Looking forward to your answer!

• What I need from you is to contact TDwaterhouse and ask them the range of IPs they use to connect to the Java platforms. They will give you the IPs then I will provide you with the fix to resolve the connectivity issue you encounter.

How about posting the fix here on the forums or on the site so others can use it too? I have the same issue with TDAmeritrade and I have the IPs of the ameritrade servers. I was hopeful when I saw the above message from you but cannot find the information anywhere on this site. I posted a new topic and also sent you a message. Would have saved me a ton of time if you had just posted the solution instead. Frustrating!!!!!

• Hello Andy,

The resolution was posted in several topics. Since most of the the users will disregard my recommendation of NOT opening multiple topics on the same issue, also NOT to post in more than a single topic. That will confuse both me and you and will only postpone the answer / resolution.

Adding the IP range as exception will basically make BitDefender not scan and filter the traffic on those IPs. Your PC will continue to be 100 % protected against any possible threats.

Topic closed.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.