Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Exclude .zip And .rar Files For Device Scanning Only

Options

How can I Exclude .zip and .rar files for 'Device Scanning' ONLY ??? (BDTS 2011 Version: 14.0.28.351)

Earlier in BDTS 2010 I used to this by defining my own extensions for scanning.

But there is a limit in BDTS 2011 for the number of user defined extensions.

I hope there is a way to do so, since BD is known for its customization.

Comments

• Hello,

Allow me to explain you the concept of the Exclusions list. The exclusions can not be set for a single type of scanning if you wish to add an exclusion for a certain extension. Same as in the 2010 version, when you set an exclusion for either a path or an extension, the list will count for all types of scanning. The difference is in the type of scanning: you can set an extension to be excluded from scanning based on how the scanning is performed: on-demand (contextual scan) or on-access (real time protection module).

Considering the above note that you can not set an extension to be excluded from scanning only when you scan an external device (device scanning).

Last but not least note that the extension list is not limited as all known files extensions are already listed in the drop-down menu.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,

• The limit is pertaining to the number of user defined extensions allowed for a particular scan NOT for the extensions listed in the exclusions tab.

Eg: Device scan-->Properties->Custom Settings->Virus Scanning Options->Scan files->Scan user defined extensions.

I am using about 80-90 user defined extensions to be scanned so that only those extensions will be scanned for device scanning. It worked in BDTS 2010.

It works in BDTS 2011 only till a particular number of extensions after that the BDTS 2011 Security Center crashes and reports a critical error.

Please increase the limit !!!

• Hello,

Thanks for the details. Finally you gave me all the details I need to understand the issue and start the debugging process. If possible, please tell me the maximum number of extension that you can add under 'Scan user defined extensions' or at least the maximum number you were able to add so far without encountering the critical error.

Regards,

• After some trial and error I found that the limit is 63 extensions (correct me if I am wrong).....beyond that the BDTS 2011 Security Center crashes and reports a critical error.

If there can be user defined extensions for each scan then why not exclusions for each of them ??!!

A few extra lines of code will definitely not hurt!!... :rolleyes:

• Unknown
    edited February 2011
    Options

Thank you for the info. The issue is now escalated for resolution to the Development department. As soon as the fix will be released, I will notify you via email and post it on the forum. Your ticket ID is: 201102261004959.

Kind regards,