Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem With Bitdefender Scheduled Scans

Options

I've had BitDefender Internet Security 2011 installed on my computer for a few months and I've noticed that it doesn't launch scheduled scans at the times when it should, even when the computer is up and running at the scheduled start time. Scans that are manually started run without problems, however. I'd like to have the program run scans when they are scheduled if the computer is powered up, or postpone them until it is powered up or awakened from sleep mode, if the computer is asleep or powered down at the scheduled start time.

I'm running BitDefender on Windows 7 an all available updates have been applied (in fact, the scheduled updates appear to be done without any trouble, which makes the problems with scheduled scans even more puzzling).

Thanks for any assistance.

Michael

Comments

• Mihaela M.
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hi mvtrotz,

In your last e-mail you mentioned that the reinstall of BitDefender solved the issue you posted here. Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you!

• mvtrotz
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hi mvtrotz,

In your last e-mail you mentioned that the reinstall of BitDefender solved the issue you posted here. Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you!

Thanks for getting back to me. Since the reinstall, BitDefender continues to launch scans as scheduled and the Firewall now appears to be working satisfactorily.

However, a few other issues have now become apparent:

- Search Advisor does not appear to be working, as the green checkmarks/warnings and other information are not appearing with search results using Google, Yahoo or any other search engine when used with either Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. This despite the Options Preferences pane showing this feature as enabled. I reported this problem to technical support via email last Friday (together with the supporttool file) but so far there has been no response.

- If I double click on a cookie rule under the Privacy tab, the wrong rule is presented for editing (i.e. one different from the rule I clicked on). This problem (mentioned by another poster on this site) appears and diosappears with no apparent pattern as far as I can see. I am actually trying to edit a couple of rules at the moment without any success as a result of this issue.

- The same poster has mentioned problems using wildcards in the cookie rule list, e.g. *.malware.com and has been told to use *malware.com (i.e. no .). I am trying to use wildcards as well, and find this suggestion unsatisfactory, as it can result in sites being unintentionally blocked or allowed, and it is not clear why the first approach cannot be used.

I first used this product some 5 or 6 years ago and I must say that this latest version appears to have taken a step backwards from the earlier ones in terms of reliability, and has left me wondering whether the time has come to look for another solution when my license comes up for renewal later this year.

Thanks.

Michael

• I should have included the information below with my post earlier today:

- I am running the latest build of BitDefender Internet Security 2011 (build 14.0.28.351)

- I am using it on a Dell laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium (fully updated).

- I am not using any other security solutions.

Thanks.

Michael

• Hello Michael,

Further to your queries, be kindly informed that:

- the block an entire domain you can simply write yahoo.com and the entire yahoo.com will be blocked/allowed;

- both of the other issues you reported are already known, reproduced and escalated to the Development team for a fix;

I will put a note on the ticket you have open with my colleague Adrian and he will notify you via email as soon as the issues are fixed.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience !

Regards,

• Thanks for the feedback. I was aware that the cookie list issue had been escalated but had not heard anything re. the Search Advisor problem. I look forward to hearing about the fixes for these issues as soon as they are available.

Michael

• Thanks for the feedback. I was aware that the cookie list issue had been escalated but had not heard anything re. the Search Advisor problem. I look forward to hearing about the fixes for these issues as soon as they are available.

Michael

An update was released earlier this week that seems to have partially fixed the Search Advisor issue. This feature now works if I use either the Yahoo or Google quick search boxes, as well as if I start a search from yahoo.com or bing.com. However, it does not work from google.com. I'm not sure if this update was intended to correct the Search Advisor problem but I thought I should provide an update.

• Hi Michael,

Replied via email in response to the ticket you have with me, ID: 201103021011952.

Also replied to the topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=108660

Thank you for the feedback, the Search Advisor issue will be resolved completely with the release of the next major product update. I will keep you posted via this topic and also via email.

Regards,