Comments

• Bdts 2010 Firewall on Win XP. Can't Be Enabled -

"Failed to communicate with the BitDefender Security service!"

Support please send fix via email.

Thanks.

• I installed BDTS 2010 today on my pc.

But firewall is disabled and while trying to enable it shows the error:

'Failed to communicate with the BitDefender Security service!'

What can i do know. Pls help me to activate the firewall.

• I cannot activate my copy of Antivirus. It says that it cannot connect to bitdefender servers. PLease send instructions how to fix this, otherwise the product is useless.

• Yes I alsoo had this problem, I think this is becouse in windows 7 they did'n incorporate to see aditional firewalls in security of the control panel.

The only solution was to reinstall bitdefender.

• I installed bdts 10 today and my firewall is not enabling and a message pops up saying

"failed to communicate with the bitdefender security service"

can any one help me please

thank you

sabbah

• Having same problems with bdis 2010 following upgrade to windows 7

pls send me fix too.

• Same here with a clean install of Windows XP SP3.0

Firewall in DBIS 2010 won't start! --> "failed to communicate with the bitdefender security service"

Tried the patches and the fw_uninst.cmd / fw_inst.cmd ... no change!

Any other ideas, short of reinstalling Windows and reinstalling BDIS for the sixth time?

• Hello gilu and bugler,

@bugler: A BitDefender repair should help you overcome this issue. Please click on Start from Windows , choose All Programs and then choose BitDefender 2010 . Select Repair or Remove , choose Next when the new window will appear and then choose Repair. Reboot your computer when prompted and proceed with the repair process of BitDefender.

@gilu: We need to further investigate this sittuation and that is why we have sent you an email that will help you send us some reports, in case the BitDefender Firewall will still not be installed .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• Hi all I have the same problem. Would someone please email me the soloution?

[email protected]

• Bump!!

I would also like the procedure sent to my e-mail when someone gets a chance. Thank you! -Brian

• Hello Brian R. and graemetbell,

For start, you should try the steps described in the next BitDefender article . If the same issue occurs after that, please follow the steps from our email .

Thank you.

• Hi, I am using Bitdefender Total Security and when clicking "Fix all Issues", the only issue is "Firewall is Disabled", so I click start and Bitdefender says it "failed" to disable my firewall.

I have no other Anti-Spyware on the computer.

The windows Firewall IS disabled.

Second issue: During a scan for viruses, Bitdefender stops the scan and says it has encountered a critical error and for me to report the issue.

• Hello jake9,

We have contacted you through the email for the error message that you receive when you run a scan . Regarding the BitDefender Firewall problem, we recommend you to follow the steps from this BitDefender article .

Thank you.

• I applied the steps in the BidDefender article, but the problem reoccurred several days later. I reapplied the recommended steps and fixed it again, but the problem again reoccurred.

• After trying all the different approaches suggested by the BD-Support without success, I gave up!

Reinstalled Windows XP SP2.0, installed BDIS, then applied SP3.0. Now it works again!

Funny stuff, that BitDefender Firewall! B):huh:

Not THE solution to the problem, but A (working) sort-of-solution!

Sorry, I can't be any more help to the rest! :unsure:

• Hi,

i am experiencing the same issue: firewall disabled and can't be enabled.

please send the procedure by mail to fix it on Windows Vista.

Many thanks.

databin

• :o Same problem with here.
  • I applied the steps in the BidDefender article, but the problem reoccurred several days later. I reapplied the recommended steps and fixed it again, but the problem again reoccurred.....

Please email procedure that works or tell me how to roll back to 2008.

• I am also experiencing this problem right after upgrading from Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium. I can no longer enable the firewall... says it Failed to Communicate with the BitDefender Security service.

Please send me the procedure to correct this problem.

• edited December 2009

I installed BDTS 2010 today on my pc.

Also it shows:

Computer IPs: no networks detected

Gateways: no gateways set

It happen to me too

Help me to fix it..........help me!

Plzz help me..!

• Hi,

i am experiencing the same issue: firewall disabled and can't be enabled.

please teach me how to fix it; windows firewall disable...

I installed BDTS 2010 today on my pc.

Also it shows:

Computer IPs: no networks detected

Gateways: no gateways set

What is the problem??? help me to fix it..!

Plzz help me!~~!

• I am having the exact same issue. Could you please send me the procedure as well?

Thank you.

• I am also having the exactly same problem. Please send me the direction for correct this problem.

• BD 2010 does not want to enable the forewall and the message in the topic appears when hoovering over the BD icon. What to do?

Paul

• I recently installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 and everything seems to be working except that the firewall is disabled. I click on the "fix" button but nothing happens or I click on "fix all issues" and it says "failed". Any ideas on how to fix this problem ?

Since installing bitdefender when I open Outlook express & explorer I get "not responding" for explorer and "outlook express was not shut down properly" messages often. Has anyone else had this problem ?

I have win xp2 Thanks !!

• Hello Lucifuge, Mizan, JeanneBear and philipboreham,

@ Lucifuge: Try repairing BitDefender and everything should be ok after this process. In order to perform a BitDefender repair, please click on Start from Windows , choose All Programs and then choose BitDefender 2010 . Select Repair or Remove , choose Next when the new window will appear and then choose Repair. Reboot your computer when prompted and proceed with the repair process of BitDefender.

Please let us know if you still have the same issues after the repair process.

@ Mizan, JeanneBear and philipboreham:

Since the instructions described in this article had not effect, we will need to further investigate this sittuation. We recommend you to reply to the email that we have sent you with the diagnose reports that we need to look on.

Thank you.

• Hello kunalkoool,

We have sent you a procedure that should help you re-enable the BitDefender firewall . Please reply to my email if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

Hi

I have the same problem as everyone here, could you post the procedure to me as well because the Windows firewall is really beginning to bug me!!

All the best

Rodthefierce

• Hi

I am having the same problem exactly, please send me that instructions.

Thanks

post-30412-1263044915_thumb.jpg

• Hello nima and Rodthefierce,

The BitDefender Firewall reinstallation procedure can be found here . Let us know if the same issue occurs after you follow those steps .

Thank you.

• Hello kunalkoool,

We have sent you a procedure that should help you re-enable the BitDefender firewall . Please reply to my email if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

Hi

Can you send me your procedure because i have also the same problem.

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.